An Angry Father

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Feb 10, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This guy is my new hero.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Funniest part about that was this guy is an IT guy. Guess they come in all shapes and sizes.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can see why his daughter is such a [itch bay], now. The guy is an asshole, and she reflects that environment.

5. JayVols

I would be interested in an analysis of the responses from those that have kids that are older and those that don't.

6. CardinalVol

Here is some more info about the situation. First, a follow-up post from her dad

And how she got caught (kind of funny) -

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Raising girls is difficult. I can't imagine the mood I'll be in by the time mine is 16.

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i see IPorange is having his bleeding heart liberal moment.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just question what values are being shown by destroying property.

10. CardinalVol

His property. He can do what he wants with it.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep. Highly doubt she bought it. I like the move. He didn't beat her, just taught her a lesson.

12. CardinalVol

I've actually spending half the afternoon thinking what I probably did that made my parents this angry. I have no doubt at all I did something.

13. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

This.

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

the guy is far from an ahole. my dad did far worse than shooting my laptop and posting a video on fb. but i def learned my lesson. it sounds like we have some from the school of thought that only positive reinforcement is the answer. that'll teach them

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought I caught something in there about this being a repeat offense kind of deal too, and that post was quite disrespectful. So it's not like he went all red on her for spilled milk.

And I agree, IT guy would've been about the last profession I'd have guessed for that dude.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't question either statement you just made. I am questioning what that is teaching his daughter. She'll grow up to be a chip off the ole block I'm sure, and be quite the harpy.

You can't in one breath state how hard you work and how much you do for her, and in the next destroy the very thing that was such a labor to provide. That is just reinforcing the idea of it being of little worth.

He's just like his daughter: arrogant. In the video, he mocks her for underestimating his prowess as an "IT" professional. In the quote you just shared, he admits that he stumbled across it when going to comment with his dog's facebook profile. What a techno-wizard. How does he destroy the laptop he gave to his daughter? With a .44 caliber handgun that he makes a point to show off. He even makes a show of having the laptop there in the grass, an act of pre-meditated bravado.

He's white trash, his daughter will be white trash, and his inflated perception of himself is no doubt the inspiration for his daughter.

Take another drag off that cool cigarette, buddy. Nice hat.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know that negative reinforcement isn't necessarily the answer, either.

18. JayVols

I took the value of "I have provided for you your entire life. I've gone beyond meeting your basic needs, and you want to [itch bay] and moan about pulling your weight a bit? I'll show you what you have a 'right' to and what you don't. Maybe you'll appreciate what I have done/given to you when it's gone and has no chance of getting it back unless you work for it and earn it yourself. Then maybe you'll appreciate what has been sacrificed for you' out of the whole ordeal. I have to admit, I was more impressed by him shooting it than putting it in time out. Bet she was too.

19. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Go work in a public school a week or two n see what positive reinforcement every [uck fay]ing second n parents who are scared to hurt their kids feelings get you. Complete disrespectful
    Chaos.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think you are on to something, IIP.