Brent Brewer might kill someone this year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Vols kick balls, Aug 21, 2011.

1. On his hit that hurt Matt Milton...

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He knocked Fugate out. How many safeties have knocked out a 250 lb or so FB?

I'm sure Sean Taylor has but I can't think of any others

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

He can hit, but can he play? Nice to have a missile back there, but does it know where it's going?

4. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

he is as big as our non-freshman LBs.

Brewer- 6'1 216lbs
    Lathers- 6'0 220lbs
    Vereen- 5'11 215lbs

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He started coming around towards the end of the season.

His first couple games he did look lost out there.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm ready for the [uck fay]ing season. Let's go.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Janzen Jackson might be our second hardest hitting safety. Concussions comin.

8. "I'm a power hitter. I like to hurt people." Brewer after practice

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The whole wheat side of me says he's going to have a few big hits this season, and perform just fine.

The frosted side of me says they'll be scooping up wide receivers into body bags and opposing teams will have to be reaching deep into their depth chart.

10. tripper

tripper Member

I like the frosted side.

Didn't he sign in 2006 with FSU? I vaguely remember him playing at Sandy Creek (GA).

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes he did.

12. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Brewer is going to be very, very good. Once he knocks the piss out of a couple of wide receivers, the rest will be hearing footsteps even when no one is around. Makes for a lot of dropped passes on slant routes

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

When running the 425 and having JJ, Brewer, and Moore at safety on the field at the same time...oh it's going to be awesome.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I really hope that we can get a little push with our DL this year. I think we can get pressure from the ends. If we can just get a modicum of push from the interior, our secondary is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

15. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

I cannot wait to start replaying the hard hits that will be coming soon... one of the hardest hits I have ever seen was Janzen Jackson's endzone hit a few years ago vs. Alabama. I think the secondary will indeed have many of those hits this year.

Plus, the D secondary has just produced my sleeper WR for year.... Anthony Anderson. A sr who knows how to read defenses and who had over a 1,000 yds on 48 catches his sr year in HS. Apparently, Zach Rogers refuses to be healthy which will take our most upper classman out and will leave playing time for the many young WRs, but watch Anderson to step up.

16. TennTradition

Can Anderson play the slot? I really thought his move was nothing more than a depth-builder for practice, but I would be elated if he emerged to be something more.

17. You can really tell that Dooley is easily ticked off by guys that refuse to play through bumps and bruises like ZR and King.

18. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

I didn't intend to place the slot crown on AA. I simply believe he will contribute more than anyone might suspect... hence 'sleeper' and I believe he will see time at WR this season. .... I listen to Jimmy Hyams, give me a break

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His quotes on Cody Pope were fantastic

20. TennTradition

Haha...god bless your little soul. Jimmy Hyams!! No, I wasn't saying you said he would play slot...I was just asking if you thought he could step up there. We could use someone to establish themselves there. I would just love it if he could get quality minutes as opposed to practice depth.