Batman vs Superman with Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by **TDCVOL**, Mar 24, 2016.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

It was worth going to see. I give it a 6.5-7 out of 10 stars.

You get to see Amy Adams damn near naked in the first 10 minutes. She's in the bathtub and seriously, I think they show a nipple.

The plot is incredibly predictable, and very slow.

Batman goes from trying to kill Superman one minute to being his best friend the next. Just because Supermans mom has the same name as Bruce's. To me this ruined the movie. It was too easy.

The introduction of the new super heroes is just awful. Only thing that can be said here. Just awful.

They try a huge shocker of an ending but it doesn't work. Superman "dies". But just as they're throwing dirt on his casket it starts vibrating and the movie ends.

Overall I don't think it's as bad as some of the reviews have been saying, but it's no Dark Knight.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

The dialog or speech that Batman gives during the fight with Superman is bad too. Very bad.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's good, much better than I expected. It was better than Man of Steel. It wasn't as good as the Bale Batman trilogy (any of them), but it was better than anything Tim Burton did with Batman or any of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies (and Returns which I usually lump in with that bunch).

My biggest gripes:

Overall, the dialog could have been better throughout the movie. The worst was actually seen in one of the trailers when Wonder Woman steps into the fight and Supes asks Bats if she was with him. It seemed great in the trailer but out of place in the movie. Was it the only lightheaded moment?

It looked like a Snyder film. It was ugly and dark. Even in broad daylight, it looked dark. There was way too much jiggly camera bouncing around BS. The man loves his slow motion.

I still hate Superman's costume. The texture is still silly. The gold coloration on the emblem is hard to look at, and those patterns on the side look dumb. To top it all off, the way the movie is filmed makes the suit look dirty.

The dream sequence that ends with Batman being told Lois is the key... Did that have any bearing on the rest of the story? Is Bats now prone to psychic dream powers?

I prefer a saner, more devious Lex. Over the years, Lex has been an evil genius, a calculating psychopath businessman, etc. This Lex is a psycho, spoiled victim of an abusive father. What a wuss.

It would have not hurt anything to just ditch the JLA cameos. The scenes were just forced into the script.

The reconciliation between Supes and Bats was way too abrupt.

The good:

It's well paced. The fight scenes are good. I liked the new batmobile and other gadgets.

Irons was good as Alfred, and other members of the supporting cast were good such as Fishburne as Perry White. It was nice seeing Costner back if only briefly.

Affleck could wind up being the best to play Batman. I never thought I'd say that. This movie put him at third on my list so far.

I liked that history with the joker was referenced in the movie. I've always disliked how Batman movies killed off the rogues as they went without any possibility for return. Having seen trailers for Suicide Squad helps with this

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I also thought the movie tried to cram too much into one story. It was a bit overly ambitious.

One other thing I liked was Doomsday killing Superman. It was bad enough Lex essentially created him. If he had been defeated with no loss of superhero life, I could bot have liked the movie.

Further thought:
    I thought it as good as Avengers Age of Ultron. I do think that was one of the MCU's weaker movies however.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I read the "dream sequence" is actually a future Flash running fast enough to go back in time to tell Batman what he needs to beat Superman.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I guess that could be what it was, but I missed how it had any impact if so.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a Zach Snyder film

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I agree with all of this.

Although I don't hate Supermans suit.

But the overall dialogue is weak. Especially Batmans. That whole speech during the battle is just garbage. A bunch of one liners thrown together.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've still not read the semi source material. Or if I did, it was when it was on the shelf, and I read it in the store forgetting about most of it later. I did recently watch the animated adaptation. The dialog in it's fight scene was better.

I really liked the movie. There aren't many that I walk out of without a list of complaints. There's usually about one a year (last one was Mad Max). I may see it again in 3D.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I've seen it three days in a row and tonight will be my fourth viewing.

The Dark Knight Returns heavily influences this movie. A buddy last night was cracking on the opening and the dream sequence when Bruce is being lifted up to the light. The shit is straight copyright infringement, haha.

11. OrangeEmpire

I would love to see what Bruce sees through the armored Batsuit.

I also would have loved to hear more input from Alfred.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Holy crap, people really go to the same movie more than once or twice? That's like 50 bucks!

13. OrangeEmpire

Sheeeit, I wish, IMAX is a little bit more.

Although, we watched it at Cobb for the DBOX last night.

14. OrangeEmpire

My personal record is Lord of the Rings the Fellowship on the Ring.

11 times in the theater.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've never seen a movie in the theater during a single release more than twice. There have only been a few of those. Most recently were Maleficent and X-Men Days of Future Past. BvS looks like it is going to be one.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Most of the time I'm ready for these movies (especially the 2 hour+ ones) to be over awhile before the credits roll. I can't imagine seeing a movie four times in four days.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Going back tonight with the wife to see it in 3D.

18. OrangeEmpire

Awesome!

Have fun!

Look for the Jack Nicolson Easter Egg

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why?

I don't know if there is any movie that I've watched 11 times, much less just in the theater.

The only movie I've ever been to see in the theater more than once was the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. My girlfriend at the time loved it, so she drug me to it a second time.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

if there's a movie i really like i'll go see it twice