Yes or No.... Does Dooley get it done at UT?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Feb 11, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I just want to kind of get a count going as to how many of you think Dooley will make it or not.

In my personal opinion, if Dooley makes it past this year, I say he is here for a long time.

A simple yes or no will do, or you can explain why you think he does or does not make it.

Looking forward to the responses from the 8th folks!! Go Vols!!!!

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No- based on the evidence so far on Dools.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No. I think he will buy more time with a good season this year... kinda like Fulmer did when we somehow made the SECCG against LSU with Ainge. I don't think he will last more than a couple years after that though, and I'd prefer to see him fired after this year if he doesn't win 9+ games.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Solid response Indy. Hard to argue with.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No. Though he might have a decent year this year. If Dooley can't win in 2012, it is likely he never will. I could go out there and have a winning record with this team and schedule.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm pretty much looking at it like this.

If he doesn't win 9 games he's gone.

If he does win 9 games, he gets another shot to do it again in 2013. Do it in back to back seasons, and then we'll discuss long term viability here.

As for if I think he will win 9 this year, right now I honestly don't know, but lean towards no, albeit slightly.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't think he has to win 9 games to stay. I think we will keep him if he wins 8, though i won't agree with the decision. I hope to God the minimum requirement is 8 wins. If he wins 7 and stays, I'll be furious.

8. CardinalVol

It's 9. 8.5 to be exact.

You can be rest assured if he wins 7 he's gone.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I wish we really knew what hart's stance on him is. Everything has sort of been tongue in cheek.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You think he is gone if he doesn't win 8 + the bowl game?

11. CardinalVol

He came damn close to firing him last year. While I don't know specifically which coach was #1 target, had the person said yes through the back channels, Dooley was gone.

Hart has told Dooley the over/under is 8.5 for 2012. Pretty much 9 wins or else.

12. CardinalVol

My best guess is if he isn't at 9 wins, he won't be coaching the bowl game.

That's JMO.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I hate to be that guy and I usually agree with your info, but how do you know this is true if you dont mind sharing.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

How do you know this? This knowledge makes me happy.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I hate to be that guy and I usually agree with your info, but how do you know this is true if you dont mind sharing.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If he wins 8 and loses the bowl game, and Hart fires him, he better have a damn good back up option. You can't fire him if he wins 8 unless you have a solid option for who you're bringing in.

17. CardinalVol

I don't claim to be some super insider and don't care about e-cred (and I'm definitely not a high rolling donor), but I live in/around Knoxville, went to UT, and have some friends/business associates that are close with some higher ups in the athletic department.

Pretty much anything I say on here like this comes from one of them. It may turn out be wrong, but I promise I'm not making crap up.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No.

These guys have been told for two years they suck by their HC.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I just know four out of his five years coaching, he's had a losing record. Dooley might not have been in the greatest situation to be successful during those years, but it's hard to blame "bad" luck for half a decade of results.

20. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

Dooley hasn't proven he can coach. If you can't win 9 games in the east this year and with our schedule, it only strengthens that you don't have what it takes.

He couldn't do more with less in the past, so I am skeptic about what he can do with some actual depth and talent.