Snowboarder Chased By Bear - Didn't Know It Was Behind Me

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Apr 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[video=youtube;vT_PNKg3v7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT_PNKg3v7s[/video]

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obvious fake. The gait of the bear repeats, and wouldn't keep up with her.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sometimes you eat bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't eat bear, it's not tasty.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I read in a hunting mag that something like 90% of trichinosis cases in North America come from bear meat, not pork.

My kid likes the video, though.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe it. I've seen large tapeworms and roundworms in fresh bear scat many times when I was growing up in Alaska.

But further you go up the food chain, the less tasty something is in my opinion. It isn't as clean of a correlation for water species (halibut is the dominant predator at multiple depths and is damn fine eating), but generally on and above land if nothing eats it, you don't want to either. Raccoons, bears, and mountain lions all know what is good to eat. And they tend not to eat each other.

8. MWR

MWR Contributor

Should have used a Cheetah instead of a Bear. Try to outrun a 70 mph cat on a snowboard.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That would end some "ski vs snowboard" debates.

10. InVolNerable

Record for fastest speed achieved on snowboard is 126.4

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And the record for skis is north of 150. Let's look at average speeds. Skis have to be faster, I suck and am passing almost every boarder. If I had to guess I am going something like 35 to 45 miles an hour for the open stretches of a run, I bet most snowboarders are going 25 or 30.

12. InVolNerable

http://blog.theclymb.com/out-there/unbelievable-world-records-snowboarding-edition/

According to that it's 25-35. You were way off.

13. MWR

MWR Contributor

I could post all this stuff - "Everyone knows that cat speed is different from snowboard speed." or "Cheetahs can make incredible leaps on level ground. Jumping downhill, even in the snow, they could overtake all but the best snowboarders." or "Cheetahs are more stealthy than Bear." except the bear appeared to be undetected.

But here's what I'll say - From what I see, that snowboarder was not going at top snowboard speed.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

And neither was the fake bear.

15. InVolNerable

Just imagine how more undetecteder the cheetah would've been.

16. MWR

MWR Contributor

I know from watching cartoons that fake road runners are faster than real road runners, not to mention that Speedy Gonzales is faster than the average mouse. Yogi Bear was smarter than the average "real" bear, so based on the road runner and the mouse, Yogi was faster than the average bear. But Yogi, who may be as fake as the bear in the video, wasn't real. Henceforth, if Yogi Bear was doing the chasing, the snowboarder would be toast.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's really bad. I've tried it a few different ways

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

This checks out. but Yogi's only interested if she's got a picnic basket.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

My buddy does Chili. Hell, any meat works in chili. Just add more spice.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Fyp