Snus

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Feb 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Swedish Snus. Looking to make the switch from dip to snus. They sell it loose or in "portions."

I'm trying to match either Cope or Straight. I've found some "others" that have said that there are two brands similar to Cope.

The stuff is supposed to be generally better, health wise, than dip.

Anyone had any experience with it? I don't mean the Camel crap you can buy at the gas station, but the real Sweden made variety.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Is it really healthier? I've been cold turkey for the last three months, but if snus isn't that bad for you, that could change.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No, it is still bad for you. Stay clean.

It is just... supposed to be "less" bad. Like a flesh gunshot wound instead of hitting a major artery type bad.

You still have a lot of the associated risks you would have with nicotine, just less of the oral cancer risk (and I say less, not non-existent).

So, if you are clean, stay clean and stay clean forever.

For those of us, like me, too soft to quit, it could be an alternative until the quit date.

Unfortunately, I can't get on any NRT, because none of it is really advised for smokeless tobacco users, so trying to give this a shot and see if it will help me cut back until I can stop.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Well, I've dipped for years, and I've took some long breaks, but I don't know if anyone ever really quits.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a friend who uses it. Seems to be as you said: cleaner, somewhat safer. It apparently isn't as fulfilling though, and made him eventually start smoking again even though he had quit.

It's like a [penis]-tease but with tobacco.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never known anyone to successfully quit tobacco forever or completely if they dipped. It doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying, though.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That hyperkeratotic mucosa is gross looking.