Scathing article on 60 minutes crew arrested in Lebanon

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Apr 16, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

While I sympathize with her, author has some good points.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, I definitely sympathize with her. But doesn't anyone paying attention realize a western woman starting a family with an Arab man can lead to this sort of thing?

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I'm about sick of the phrase "white privilege"... It's total bullshit. Just another feeble attempt by the perpetual victim class to justify wallowing in their failure to achieve anything of significance in their lives. They suck, so it's gotta be ******'s fault. **** that shit.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Don't bottle that stuff up

:D

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A quick peek at the titles of the author's other article lets meet know she sucks.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

While I don't agree with the vitriol :), I do agree with the sentiment about "white privilege". It is just another way to perpetually divide us instead of bringing us all together.

It is time to just let all this crap go and move forward, imho. But that might be my white privilege speaking.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Except that it 100% exists and is true. Perhaps you interpret it as being accused of yourself being the cause of white privilege and racist, but those things are mutually exclusive.

9. Savage Orange

Bullshit. "White privilege" is just another pry bar that race baiters use to appeal to lowest common denominator mindsets and keep shit stirred up. Non-whites can utter any epithet that comes to their mind (even directed at people of their own color) yet whites better shut the **** up lest they lose their jobs, friends, etc. people like Chris Rock and others can say the most offensive shit imaginable and get paid for it. Willie Nelson had his life turned upside down for owing back taxes, Al Sharpton owes a shitload more than Willie ever did and gets to hang at the White House. **** "white privilege". It's bullshit.

10. Unimane

I think your anger says something more about the situation than you are aware. If you don't think white privilege exists, then you just aren't paying attention or don't want to bother to consider any situation other than your own. A comedian telling jokes or Al Sharpton having tax issues (Which were not the same as Willie Nelson) are not the entirety of the "non-white" experience.

11. Savage Orange

All it says is that I'm tired of being blamed for others inability to take responsibility for their own lives. It's not my fault you decided to do drugs, commit crime, fail to get an education, point a gun at a cop etc. the "system" isn't stacked against you, you're just a dumb ass who can't act responsibly.

12. Unimane

Why are you assuming that you are personally responsible? It's a collective accumulation of smaller and larger privileges accrued over a period of time from which you benefit, often without realizing, probably because you aren't bothered with them. Look at how pissed off you get about Chris Rock making a few jokes. Imagine if there were some things more substantive than a few comedic wise cracks from which you must have to encounter on a regular basis.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Chris Rock is taking full advantage of his male privilege.

14. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

For the record, Paul Mooney is light years ahead of Chris Rock.

The man puts me in tears.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Saw Paul Mooney in NYC about 5 years ago. I laughed at something and dude stared me down and game me a what the **** are you laughing at. I actually had never heard his stuff but I got the idea pretty quickly. Good times.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What's worse? White privilege or parents and role models telling kids from birth they can't succeed because of their skin color? Which has the greater negative long term effect? How much of "white privilege" is because non whites are negatively motivating their children by telling them boogie men stories from birth? Might this explain why other minorities don't suffer from the problems of white privilege?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Excellent questions across the board.

18. Unimane

I think that's something you are telling yourself in order to absolve yourself from the requisite "you're racist" accusation that not's being made. And, you're not really pushing this idea that real problem is not the inherent inequities in the system, but the people noticing them, are you?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No I'm suggesting that racism has become a self fifulling prophecy and no I absolutely do not believe there are inherent inequalities in the system or at least not nearly enough to explain away the differences in performance. You really believe that if you adopted a white and black baby in 2016 that the white baby would have a much better chance of succeeding on average? I bet the statistics wouldn't agree with that.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The white privilege angle is stupid. All societies believe themselves to own the moral high ground. The smarmy dillhole writing this completely failed in acknowledging the initial kidnapping that took the kids to Lebanon. Hypocritical and pious POS.