The hype train

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 19, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Get ready, it's about to take off. I'm normally pessimistic, but it's warranted this off season.

Tennessee has all sec talent at quarterback, two running backs, two linebackers, cornerback, punter, kick returner, defensive end and defensive tackle. Tennessee returns 18 starters.

The offensive coaching isn't good, but the hiring of Shoop brings another level to a defense that wasn't bad last year.

If Butch's balls drop when Tennessee has a lead this year, Tennessee is a 10 win team.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I agree mostly.

In before the all the "yeah but Botch, blocking wide receivers, grandpa Debord yada yada yada blah blah blah".

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

UT wins 11, and if they get lucky, 12 if Butch doesn't mess it up. The East is a complete cesspool, our out of conference is a joke, and all that stands between us and 12-0 is Alabama.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

10 wins means we lose a game we should win.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We are very good at that.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Most everyone does, tbh

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Most everyone also wins a game they should lose, but I certainly don't expect that do you?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If they let Dobbs go over the middle of the field, the offense will surprise people.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's really only game game Tennessee "should" lose

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Win the sec and get in the playoff. That loss to TAMU or whoever doesn't matter if you win the sec.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Presented as fact only, you provided the analysis

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Wanna bet? :hi:

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let me clarify:

There is no reason that they should not win 11, and perhaps 12 with a good roll of the dice.

I refuse to bet on UT as a principle, but with Lyle as UTHC, I would never bet on them for any amount of money. Even a $50 lunch!

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh man, here we go...

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

16. JohnnyQuickkick

What if Dobbs gets injured on a Tuesday....

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I want them in the SEC Championship game. If they manage that with 10-2 I won't be too upset with it. Just don't see a way (at this point) in which anything short of that is successful.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's Atlanta or bust

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I could see scenarios where we finish short of Atlanta but have a successful season. Perhaps not the most likely, but say we go 11-1 with wins over Bama and Florida and a loss to 10-2 (7-1 SEC) Georgia. I might be frustrated about missed opportunities, but it's still a successful season.

That said, it's definitely hard to see anything short of 10-2 as successful, and I don't think 10-2 is a success unless we're in Atlanta and at least in the playoff conversation.