Neyland Survey

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Dooz, Apr 20, 2016.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Anybody else filled one out?

I did it twice and hammered them both times on what appears to be a plan to include better seating for the elite while there doesn't seem to be any improvement for the common fans, aka the ones who don't come to games anymore.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Do these go out to season ticket holders? If not, where do I take this survey?

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And I'll add, the rich people bring the money. I get it.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They emailed me. And I had to use those email addresses to access the survey.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a reflection of how all of America functions now.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's so weird walking around the stadium and in a few steps going from country club to what I'd imagine essentially hasn't changed in forever.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My favorite parts of the stadium are the old concourses that haven't changed in forever.

8. RockyHill

What exactly does a plan for better seating in the country club sections entail?

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Some things they asked about:

-a patio section for the upper south end zone, sold as individual seats.
    -seats with a drink ledge around the top of the lower level, sold individually
    -a field level club room with upgraded concession, couches, etc
    -some patio concept sold in 8 and 16 similar to the donation required for a sky bix
    -individual seats on the west sideline

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

So would that mean losing another 2 or 3 thousand seats?

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The west sideline renovation specifically mentioned 3-4 inches added to each seat, so no idea how it couldn't mean that.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

My first motion would be refunds plus pain and suffering when they.lose.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pay more and get something better doesn't really sound that bad.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Only if you can afford it.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Without looking at the prices I'm guessing I could if I really wanted to do so, but I prefer to watch the game and stand for the majority of it. I think there are quite a few people that have a similar attitude and would prefer keeping costs down over adding massaging recliners to section YY.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I hope there are. However, from what they were asking, I got the impression that a. one of these options is coming and b. it's at least 1500 a pair.

And that was only the lowest number they asked if we are willing to pay for the massaging recliners in MM. I doubt it's priced that low. And everything else went up from there.

17. RockyHill

Maybe I'm just sentimental but I don't want my Neyland experience improved, even for free. I want to have a seat that would only fit the butt of a child and yell and scream with 105,000 other drunk savages.

Edit: But as far as the concourse goes, I guess I'm ok with the luxury deal. When they put in a Petro's I was in heaven.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I wouldn't mind them putting in seats and cutting it to 95K or whatever

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mind cutting the seats below 100k, especially so if it isn't for improvements that affect the majority of those in attendance.

I'm not going to poo-poo folks of means wanting comfortable digs, but what is the point of a stadium at all if we're going to slowly transform the upper deck into a jousting tournament berfrois (digging deep for that one) at the expense of tradition and the average fan? Let's just play in a 100 yard courtyard of a billionaire's mansion, and allow the common folk to hear about the game via shouts from the wait staff. "3rd and 12, pass incomplete! Pass it on!" "3rd and 12, worm burner. Pass it on!" "3rd down and it's getting hot, pass it on!"

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I get all that too, I just look around most weeks and there's not 100K in there. Some of that has been the crappy mccrapness, but it's a trend in most places. I'm not saying I WANT IT but I wouldn't perdo la testa over it