The Final Frontier: All Things Star Trek

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That is exactly what it is. The man was a single father on the front line of a war. Of course he's going to quirky.

2. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Captain Sisko is my favorite captain as well, and I will agree that DS9 is my favorite out of all the series. Strictly for the fact it follows a story line, and Sisko being the Emissary is awesome! I've watched it through 2 times now. I'm starting to watch random episodes of Voyager again as well. I've seen TNG too many times, and its stale to me. I'm also a huge Jadzia Dax fan too.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sorry it goes

1) Kirk
    2) Picard
    3) sisko

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're telling people who their favorite is?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm just trying to help

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Thoughts on the Enterprise series? It had some serious flaws early on, but I would have liked to have seen a couple more seasons of it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. I hated it at the time, but seasons 3 and 4 are as good as any trek.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

Something about Bakula as a captain has me wondering when he'll "leap" to the next show.

9. MWR

MWR Contributor

If you feel "froggy", you gotta leap.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

New CBS series (online only) coming out next year, Star Trek: Discovery. Set 10 years before the original series.

If the ship looks anything like the one shown in the early footage, it is about as ugly as I have ever seen a ship be. It is horrrrrible.

[video=youtube;Cxba2WjlN90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxba2WjlN90[/video]

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It is ugly, but I am so looking forward to this series. The world is a better place with Trek in it.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll watch. People don't like the new ships at first, then they grow on you.

13. NorrisAlan

This is the first ST ship I have looked at and went "ewww." It looks like a Klingon battle-cruiser and the USS Enterprise had an ugly child. From what I understand this was a quickly put together piece from very early design art and music, so I will reserve judgment.

For me it is the contrast of the rounded saucer section and the hardlined engineering section that makes it hard on the eyes. Everything should be smoother on a Federation ship.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It wont make or ruin the show. The writing will. They have to be original. If they go for season story arcs, I like their chances.

15. NorrisAlan

Yeah, pure episodic TV is pretty much dead. And it is going to be Online only, so you will have to pay to stream it from CBS, I believe. Might give them a bit more leeway in their story choices.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Which appears to be the plan. I like Fuller and thought he did great work on Hannibal, so I'm encouraged.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'll watch until it's so terrible I won't watch anymore. see enterprise

18. g8terh8ter_eric

I actually just got done watch Enterprise a few weeks ago, and outside of not being a fan of the opening theme music, I quite enjoyed it. Of course, everything was made better with T'Pol. Trip was a lucky bastard!

19. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Ro Laren was an underused character.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my favorite moment in all of star trek:

Kirk: My God, Bones, what have I done?
    Bones: You did what you have to do, what you always do, turn death into a fighting chance to live.