Deep Thoughts and other musings from Randy

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, May 4, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I mowed the yard today and was having a beer as a reward deep in thought when my wife came by and asked what was I thinking about. I said having another beer, but I actually was thinking of something else, but I didn't really want to get into a debate with her.

What I was thinking about is the age old debate of is a woman giving birth more painful than a man getting kicked in the balls? After another beer's worth of intellectual musing, I came to the conclusion that getting kicked in the balls is more painful. My rationale? I have often heard a woman say I would like to have another child, but never have I heard a man say, "I think I would like to get kicked in the balls again".

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Deep Thoughts with Randy

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

The beauty of clean logic.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've actually told my wife this. It went over about as well as you'd expect.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think we need a dedicated thread

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

In 1874 the athletic "cup" was first used in hockey. Hockey began using helmets in 1974. Want to tell me again about the little head not controlling the big head?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is probably the best thread ever just after 5 posts

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would refer you to the part of my OP where I avoided doing such a dumbass, though typically male thing. One of the few if not only good things about growing old is learning the hard way enough times that it finally takes.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I know better than to say it, but I enjoy seeing how worked up I can get my wife.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So much wisdom here.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Paybacks are hell, and women never ever forget.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Makes good sense to me.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

1944: 18 year old soldiers storm Omaha beach facing almost certain death.

2016: 18 year old students fear Donald Trumps campaign rhetoric will result in them being gunned down.

I suspect these students got participation trophies all their lives.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

And didn't keep score when they played sports

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Is that a thing now? If so we're gonna have to draw a line between regular millenials and this new breed.

Also: What are we calling kids born after 2000? I'm sure they are way worse.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shitheads

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Zitheads

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Imagine pissing out a baseball. That's what I imagine giving birth would feel like. Still though a square kick to the nuts knows no fury. Our catcher in high school went down to block a wild pitch and it took a freaky hop and bounced under his cup and hit him square in the balls. He was writhing on the ground for 20 minutes and I still have nightmares for him about hearing that sound.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My kids were in a league that didn't when they were 5-7 or so. It was okay. We did it for them.