Media Matters Expose

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Feb 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

http://nation.foxnews.com/media-matters/2012/02/13/inside-media-matters

So Tucker Carlson is doing a week long story on this group. A lot of it isn't too surprising, that it's heavily liberally biased, that is. However, its actually worse Thani had thought. They have weekly meetings with White House advisors and MSNBC execs. The chief has stated it is his mission to destroy Fox News and evidently he is 100% certifiably batshit crazy.

Anyway, thought it'd be a good story to follow on this super biased organization that's supposed to be policing our news for fairness.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Eh, You are known by your fruits. No worse than the Fox News claim of 'Fair and Balanced' imo. I guess the outrage depends on which side one favors.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That was my first thought, Jay. If Fox News can be "fair and balanced," Media Matters can be "impartial."

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like BS that they are tax exempt.

Everyone should understand that Fox intends to make money and that is always going to have some influence on their operations. Media Matters is tax exempt and exists solely to discredit any message that challenges liberal dogma. Not a great deal of difference here than with churches telling their congregations how to vote.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wasn't aware of their tax-exempt status. I will agree that's not right. However, these types exist in all political spectrums. I don't agree with it, but the fact of the matter is that for the most part objective journalism where the facts are presented and viewer decides is dead. We are in a niche journalism era where preconceived notions are pandered to for profit. This is one area where the profit motive may not serve the best interests of all. I don't have a solution, mind you. I'm just rambling. The best solution would be for the public to demand unbiased news, but too many folks won't make the effort to think for themselves. We would rather get our info like our food. Fast and with as little effort as possible. I guess we have ourselves to blame for all this.

More to the original topic and my point in my 1st point: it pretty much comes down to whose ox is getting gored as to the outrage. That's the saddest part to me. I disagree completely with radicals: right or left. But, I fully support their right to say or believe what I feel are irrational unrealistic positiins.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't know they were tax exempt. That needs to stop. I'm of the mindset that nothing should be tax exempt.