Running through the "T" for the first time......

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Feb 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I had a few folks trying to tell me what to get ready for, Joe Gallagher and Mickey Marvin. At the time we came out of the east sideline. My first time I was scared and excited at the same time. You sit in the locker room after pre-game and go over last minute preps. Then they signal that its time to go. The doors are closed and you couldn't hear anything that was going on outside. The door opens slowly, you hear the band and then this massive roar. Its like standing inside of a jet engine as it starts up. Chills run all through your body, you just can't be still, in my case anyway. You see the cheerleaders begin to take off running and you join them. It is still the most electric feeling that I have ever had. The next thing you know you have to make a choice, right or left? I always went to the right. The sound that is made by the crowd is awesome! Even now when I go to a game all these years later, I have chills that run through me, even shed a tear wanting to do it one more time! You never ever forget it!

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Great story, Bigfoot.

I know this board has small numbers for a message board, but the quality and diversity is quite impressive.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Must be a hell of an experience.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

One of those things that I would love to get to do, but I know it will never happen. Like coitus with Natalie Portman.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This was like my childhood dream.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If you could do one, and only one, which one?

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know the question was for IP, but I'd definitely go with running through the T. There's always that small chance she might suck in bed. running through the T could never suck no matter what.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If only one, and just once, I would have to go with running through the T. I can't very well set my grandchildren on my knee and tell them about the time I squirted their uncle all over Portman's face.

If it were to be a longer term opportunity, I'd probably go the other way.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Can't imagine what it is like. After watching it for 20 + years as a fan it never gets old.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mine too

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Great story. No matter what happens to you after that you'll always know you were pretty fortunate. Maybe one day I'll donate a million bucks and get to run through the T like Thunder Thornton.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is solid motivation to make that 1 million bucks.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I feel like it wouldn't be the same to pay for the experience. Personally I'd feel like I didn't belong. We could go 0-12 every year for 10 years and the running through the T would never suck. I've been a lot of places for football games in the past 10 years and I reckon I'm biased, but there's nothing like it anywhere else.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wouldn't be quite the same paying, but would still be awesome.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only thing I've seen that was even close (and by close I mean still a long ways from topping it) was the script Ohio at the Ohio State - Michigan in 2006. That was pretty cool thing to see plus it was being billed as the "game of the century" and was a fun atmosphere to be in.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm 32 and I still dream about it.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Haven't been there but I bet that is pretty cool even if I'm predisposed to despising all things OSU.

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Now you've made me feel sad! You weren't even born yet when I use to run through it!!! LOL!