The Undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, May 19, 2016.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Has anybody else been reading? It's a slow day here at the office, so I'm just starting to dig in. Thought the piece on LeBron was very well done, if only because it's (among other things) helping to change my perception of who he really is.

http://theundefeated.com/features/can-lebron-deliver/

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm still stunned that the perception of LeBron ever needed adjusting. He's everything we should expect our superstars to be, yet he has faced utterly nonsensical criticism at most every turn.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

A lot of people who want MJ to always be unquestionably the greatest ever will use anything under the sun to criticize Lebron. It's stupid.

4. hatvol96

Especially when you factor in what an utterly awful human being Jordan is, was, and always will be.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hat: serious question. Why the love for LeBron but the dislike for Manning? Same with Iverson. Not trying to start a shitstorm but just want your insight.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not. The decision was horrible pr. No one remembers he donated every dime he made off it to charities. He's also struggled after calling attention to himself

He's a great guy who's an athletic freak.

7. hatvol96

Struggled? How many straight NBA Finals appearances will it be when they finish off Toronto?

8. hatvol96

I hate white people.

9. RockyHill

What he did in the finals last year was incredibly impressive. You can't really fault the guy for either of the finals losses to the Spurs either.

10. hatvol96

Miami only lost to the Spurs once. In this run of consecutive Finals appearances, the only series not won by the clearly superior team was the Heat loss to Dallas.

11. RockyHill

I was talking about 2007.

12. VictrixRapax

VictrixRapax New Member

The Giant Royal "Appendage" has been great ab initio. My only real problem was his decision to leave South Beach and return to that stricken hamlet known as Cleveland.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well everyone knows that. I meant BESIDES that.

14. hatvol96

It's the disparate treatment guys like LeBron and Iverson get from the media and the public compared to Manning. Every mistake or misstep LeBron makes gets dissected and shredded. Manning generally gets a pass. It's a ludicrous double standard.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm criticize everybody. I'm good.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rings

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think both are choke artists

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But Manning gets no credit for dragging sorry teams?

19. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone with multiple rings is really "struggling" in that department. LeBron didn't get carried to either of his like Manning did this year either

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Both do that. LeBron just catches a lot more hate when it doesn't work