Season starts Friday

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Feb 12, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For the 5 of us on here who care, the season begins on Friday with a three game set against Northern Illinois.

While I'm still not expecting too much, I do expect to see a better quality product this year, even if they will still be severely out-talented. Going to stay hopeful with the expansion of the SECT to 10 teams that they can make it to Hoover.

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I agree CardinalVol. I am just glad they are going to be competitive. It is hard to believe how terrible the program had become under the fine tutelage of Todd Raleigh. Hopefully, they will pull a couple of good upsets at home this year. What are some of the good weekend series this year?

3. CardinalVol

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I'm excited to see what they do. I think college baseball is a lot of fun and am surprised it hasn't gained more popularity.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If they could sell beer at the stadium, attendance would triple.

6. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Good point.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This rule applies throughout life. Have beer, people show up.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Weather here is a problem for attendance. However, winning and creating a buzz cures most ills.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The baseball stadium is in the middle of all the fraternity houses and a short walk from the dorms. Adopting a policy of ignoring smuggled alcohol would ensure a lot of students show up.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"Oh no not a fashion discussion"

I love that UT is going back to the older unis.

[​IMG]

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gonna try and keep up with the baseball team, this year.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I love those unis.

13. CardinalVol

I just may have to purchase one of those caps. Had one back in the day w only difference being the interlocked UT logo.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True but watching a game on a warm April afternoon without a beer in hand is a travesty

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I do too. The classic script writing is what makes it.

16. CardinalVol

I get why it's a 1pm start Saturday, but I wish it was at 4. I'd probably head over there after the basketball to watch it.

17. CardinalVol

I'm still not a huge fan of the white in the armpits, but definitely better that it was. I want solid colors or pinstripes. (And tell me an orange pinstriped uniform wouldn't look awesome.)

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would either be awesome or it would look like a cheap pimp.

19. CardinalVol

If you did a very bold well defined orange pinstripe with a pocket Power T, I think it would look awesome.

20. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I am excited about UT baseball again....I also agree on the beer sales....beer sales should be allowed in Neyland as well.....Now if we can get our uni's orange to match, life will be good!