The Official bash the Local and/or National Media Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MaconVol, Feb 17, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I was just looking through my Twitter timeline and seen Paul Finebaum put out such an information revealing tweet, which inspired me to make this thread. Its fools like Clay Travis, and Finebaum that make me wonder how easy it is to get sports columns and radio shows. Feel free to bash anybody you like. Here is Finebaum's tweet.

"REMINDER to my UT brethren: [ddiapos] lost to Kentucky for the first time in 27 years. Dooley now 11-14 (4-12 in SEC).”" Per @Finebaum on Twitter.

He is defending his stance for why Dooley is on the hot seat. Which is the most obvious news since we learned that we need oxygen to breath.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There will always be those that appeal to the lowest common denominator. It's easy and lucrative. These guys love attention. Period. Positive or negative doesn't matter. What they can't stand is being ignored. That's why I ignore them even though it's not in my nature to not confront ignorance head on. I admit it. It's tough to do.

3. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Agree that he and Clay are attention ho's, but it does make you think about how we would view Dooley if he were coaching at FL or UGA. The posters here are the most realistic of the vols' sites, and I think most here know what we have in Dooley. Finebaum is correct in that there isn't much about Dooley that would lead you to believe that he would win an SECC anytime soon.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I do agree with that DG. They may get it right once in a while like in Dooley's case, but if you are a professional, style counts. At least it does to me. I am sure that the rest of the SEC is elated that Dooley is here. One can learn much from their rivals' reaction to your coaches, players, and program. Fact of the matter is we are insignificant now. And have been for far too long.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As a pathetic loser that only has a HC job at Tennessee because his dad was successful in the SEC in the 80's