Watching 98 Arky Game With My Son

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by bigpapavol, Jul 1, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It was seriously coaching malpractice.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I *heart* Clint Stoerner.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We were genuinely too stupid to make them pay for their whole defense coming after Martin. Chavis got scared after a couple fluke throws and just went all Chavis mode.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Players won it. After the fumble, Henry and O-Line just decided to run over them and did.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was beautiful

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I hope our running game this year resembles that final drive.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Cold, raining epic finish tho.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Period. It was beautiful.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That final drive is my standard. Flat out running domination.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I have never watched it, at least in entirety. Was Dy of deer season in Kentucky and I listened to it while sitting in a tree and then in a truck.

11. JayVols

I watched it in a Mt. Pleasant, SC (across river from Charleston) hotel room. I was in town participating in a reenactment of The Battle of Secessionville on the grounds of Boone Hall Plantation. The wife & her sister went. They stayed in a hotel while I camped, but 3/4 of my company was piled in that hotel room watching the game. I don't see how we didn't get kicked out.

And for the record, reenacting as I did it was more than 15 rednecks in a field dressed in wool pretending to shoot at each other. My company was portraying the 79th NY Infantry, Company K. We had the honor of fighting beside the official 54th Massachusetts reenactment group at this battle. I have found that most Union reenactors are most interested in the history of the war and want to help teach others about it to keep the memory of what sacrifices for freedom were made alive. On the flip side, I've found that a good number of Confederate reenactors are more interested in rewriting history. My unit portrayed both sides, so I feel I have a pretty good grasp on that. And there really is a risk of real harm reenacting. I took a hit at this battle and fell on a fire ant hill. The miracle of resurrection was witnessed by thousands of fellow reenactors and spectators that day, I can tell you.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I have always thought there was something miraculous about you, jay

13. JayVols

Haha

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

On which side?

15. kidbourbon

The Deon Grant block never gets mentioned because of the ending. Dude jumped about five feet in the air.

[​IMG]

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

One handed INT against Florida doesn't get mentioned much either.

17. kidbourbon

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Buddy of mine played as a walk on LB for a few years with Deon Grant. He said Grant was the smartest football player that he ever met, on the field. Guess it makes sense if he was taking engineering courses.

And **** Calculus 2. I took it, quickly realized I didn't need it, promptly dropped and never looked bad.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I was eating dinner at the Outback in Cookeville where my daughter was playing in the TTU marching band. I had taken my plate to the bar so I could watch the game. When we gave the ball to Aky, I got up to go back to our table and missed Stoerner's gift live. The people still watching started screaming and I went back to watch the winning drive. The noise level far exceeded that of any Tech score earlier.

20. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

We should all meet up this fall and sign a Christmas card for Stoerner. Make it a new tradition.