Chris Low Article on Dooley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Feb 17, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/39069/coaching-better-at-top-of-dooleys-agenda

Accepting some responsibility for the high degree of suck:

“The number one thing is that we have to do a much better job of coaching at all levels,” said Dooley, whose Vols have suffered through back-to-back losing seasons.

Taking a page from Cuonzo's playbook:

"It’s so important as coaches that you set a standard and demand it and hold everybody accountable to it. That’s what the players ultimately want.”

2. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Hopefully we only have to deal with this shit heel one more year.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hope he is sincere, but I will view this with the skepticism it deserves until I hear several PC's after bad losses.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Taking responsibility is fine, insofar as its not because all other attempts to shirk it have been tried, found wanting, and failed.

Which is about where this is coming from, IMO.

5. JayVols

Agreed. I can't help but feel that this is a pure PR move. A zebra doesn't change it's stripes in such a short period of time.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

bullshat. i'm tired of hearing all this sunshine. I want to see results.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nega vol imo iyam jmo

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What [uck fay]ing standard has Dooley set? What player respects a coach whose mother still refers to him as "Precious" on nationally syndicated radio shows?

9. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

By at least some accounts, lost most of his control over the locker room with players running amok. Lost control of his relationships with his asst. coaches, losing half of them before signing day. He apparently had no concept of how big a deal a loss to KY would be since his players didn't realize it before the loss. It's amazing that he is still the coach on the hill.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Paul Finebaum said he's has the hottest seat of any coach in America and would be fired mid season.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That is exactly the kind of statement I would like to hear my coach make with a depleted roster in the middle of year one. It is not what I want to hear from my team,s coach going into year 3.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Govols, you might want to rethink any thought that uses a Finebaum quote as support.

Also, I think I hate everything apple.

13. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

No kidding....UT should revoke that Bama suck-up's degree.

On another note, I would love to see Muschoke get fired mid-season after one of his tirades.....He'll end up bumping an official before the season is over this year. It could very well happen during the TN-FL game this year. The Gaturds are long overdue for a royal ass-whipping from us. But if we don't play a lot better, Georgia State will kick our ass like Kensuckee did last fall. Have been hearing that Sentimore is a freaking beast and taking ownership in being a team leader as well.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Muschamp to stay at UF for a long time

15. JayVols

Me too. Unfortunately, Foley is not a guy to suffer fools. I don't care for him, but the guy isn't afraid to pull the trigger and go large to improve his programs. Wish we could have one of those.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I believe that's the point.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I was just posting it. Felt like it would be a better fit here than to make another thread.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm fairly certain he didn't even graduate from Tennessee. He transferred out.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If you were writing a Hollywood script which calls for a character of an incompetent football coach you'd hafta water down [ddiapos] to make it believable. How did this asshole survive working under Saban?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vince and Nick are good friends. Derek also didn't have an important role on Saban's staff.