The Pembroke Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Feb 18, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. That's a terribly disappointing effort. UT looked unprepared and indifferent for most of the game. Alabama was the aggressor throughout and Tennessee never matched their intensity.
    2. The wing play was an unmitigated diasaster. In particular, Cameron Tatum and Skylar McBee embarrassed themselves. They were both utterly worthless on both ends of the floor.
    3. Their final numbers mask the fact that Jeronne Maymon and Jarnell Stokes failed to fuly exploit Alabama's patchwork frontcourt. Stokes appears to have hit the wall and Maymon's ballhandling was slipshod all day.
    4. Trae Golden had as close to a good overall performance as anyone on the UT roster. He appeared to be the one Tennessee player who was fully focused and engaged today.
    5. Today's game is evidence that there needs to be a considerable upgrade on the wing for this team to make progress next season. Coach Martin needs to take a long look at his roster and make some tough decisions. While it's been obvious all season another point guard is essential, it's become apparent the other perimeter positions need to be addressed, as well.
    6. Wichita State is playing as well as anyone in America right now. If they aren't thrown off their game by the pressure of this group appearing in their first NCAA Tournament, they're perfectly capable of making a regional final.
    7. New Mexico has emerged as the top dog in the Mountain West. That league is going to send three teams into the NCAA field that are perfectly capable of winning multiple games.
    8. Initially, the student in Tuscaloosa with the giant picture of himself was creative and fun. Now that his friends have joined in to get their 15 minutes, it's annoying and stale.
    9. I just can't bring myself to think a fast foodesque Mongolian Grill is a good concept. I'm betting Genghis Grill has a short corporate shelf life.
    10. Tennessee still has an opportunity to have an extremely positive finish to the season. They need to forget about what might or might not be out there regarding postseason play and take care of the next three games. All of those are games UT should win. If they play well and do that, they'll go into the Vanderbilt game well positioned.

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Was initially a big fan of Genghis Grill, but it got old really quickly

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Its bad when I see a commercial during a game and I can't wait to see what hat says about it postgame.

I still contend this team as a whole goes how golden does. When he's off it changes the entire complexion of it.

4. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I would have to say Tatum/McRae.

When they actually contribute to the team we can beat some people. Trae will score ~12+ any given game. Getting only 6 points from your 2 position kills us.

5. CardinalVol

How many turnovers/assists did golden have? My guess there is a very high correlation between golden having high assists and us winning.

Plus, numbers don't always tell the story. Golden was harassed and could never get into a flow.

We've won games when the wing play has been bad. I don't know if we've won one when golden has been shut down and harassed.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  6. KingWebbsticles

6 TO's

He directly led to 11 Bama points.

A number easily overcome if you have wings who can make any sort of shot. Golden didn't lose this game today. Tatum, McRae, McSuckAss did.

7. KingWebbsticles

And still it led to many open opportunities for the other players. They missed multiple wide open shots.

Hard to get assists when your wings shoot 2-22. Not Golden's fault.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  8. CardinalVol

They all did their part today. Worst game they've played in a while.

9. CardinalVol

That said, I also thought bama played great perimeter defense.

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

It was pretty hilarious/frustrating to see us try to handle their surprise triple teams at the 3 pt line.

11. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Mongolian stir fry joint is insulting humanity by naming itself after a ruthless, marauding murderer. Rest assured I won't be traveling to Greenville or Shreveport to enable my stomach to be khanquered.

12. CardinalVol

There is nothing good that can come from the mongolian version of golden corral.

13. KingWebbsticles

I actually thought of the same thing. I feel like that is something you catch in the pre-production time period.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Coming Soon: Hitler Haus German Cuisine and Pol Pot Place Cambodian Kitchen.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jeffrey Dahmer's Raw Bar on the Half Shell.

Yum.

16. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Rape of Nanjing Wok

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We have a HuHot here that is actually respectable.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Chez Guevara's isn't too bad in West Knoxville.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Genghis gets a bad rap by western society. He wasn't as bad as he's made out to be, at all. No worse than Alexander the Great. Certainly no Hitler or Pol Pot, [uck fay] those two.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I was never a fan. Soccer Taco or Senor Taco for me.