Karl Hess Ejects Googs and Corchiani

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Low Country Vol, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wow that's bush league

3. Googs and Corchiani should have come onto the court and gone all DX on Hess. That is pathetic.

4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Some friends of mine were sitting near them. They had their daughters with them and did not use any profanity.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Hess is lucky guys like Ted Valentine, Anthony Jordan, and Doug Shows are working. That's all that keeps him from being the biggest asshole working college hoops.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can Hess receive disciplinary action for this sort of thing? To me, it is an abuse of his position.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

He certainly could. Every official knows proper protocol for ejecting unruly fans. His only course of action is to request to school admin/host management that the fans be removed. If the host refuses, he can suspend play if he so chooses. I doubt he receives anything beyond a verbal reminder of official procedure, though.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

He ought to be either relieved of his position or left to work in the Sunbelt.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It's fitting that they were ejected from an arena where their jerseys adorned the rafters.

And with the exception of Hammy's handling of the Carolina buyout, I can't recall a weaker response from an AD. I don't think that I would be as easily assuaged as she.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Bush league.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator