Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So, who's joined the revolution?

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I downloaded it last night. Haven't really done much with it yet. It's been ages since I did anything Pokemon related (probably middle school). . .

3. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

news story out of memphis this morning revealed some guy wrapped his car around a tree chasing pokeyman while driving.

as if i didn't have to dodge drunks and texters already... now i got pokeyman chasers.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pokemon was never my thing, as I was way too old when it came out to be something that caught me (not saying it is a kids game, but i was married by then and just didn't bother with it).

I know a lot of people that play it, and I hope they are having fun. But be responsible, damn.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Downtown Franklin was crawling with people playing last night.

I went to a "gym" last night in a dog park around 10pm. Cop pulled in a few minutes after. Pulled up behind me, flashlight in the window, the typical.

- "Park's closed. What are you doing sitting here so late?"

- "I apologize sir. I won't be long. There's just a thing in this game that's set up in this park, and I'm trying to take it down real quick."

- "Wait, is that that Pokemon game? We've been dealing with that thing constantly. How does it work?"

And I proceeded to show him how the game works, after which he told me good luck and feel free to Pokemon in the park after dark whenever I want. Funny enough, on my way out shortly after, someone else was pulling in and eventually took the same gym I had just claimed.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So what's the point of a gym? I thought you were just going around collecting them. You have to exercise them too?

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Man card revoked

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gyms are where you "train" your Pokemon by fighting them against other people's Pokemon.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sab touching your butthole in the back of an El Camino is no longer the gayest thing you've ever done, Indy.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

So you pick one of three teams. If the gym is owned by another team, you fight that gym until you level it down low enough to take it.

If the gym is owned by your team, fighting at that gym is considered "training," and levels that gym up. Leveling up a gym means it can have more pokemon defending it.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Dude.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've spent the day playing a baseball simulation game that just crunches a bunch of numbers and spits out fictional results, so I can't judge.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

At least that's American.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You should have been arrested

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Where is police brutality when you need it?

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Doesnt happen to white people.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Getting runned down by kickers and what not is as white as it gets, though.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If playing Pokemon go is gay, then there are a lot more gay people in this world than we previously thought.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nah.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Does your girlfriend also play the game?