Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JudgmentVol, Jul 18, 2016.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I'm looking at buying season tickets secondhand. First off, does anybody have any for sale they'd like to throw my way for a good price?

Secondly, the price tag is ridiculous. Nosebleeds start at $1,100 with average price range being $1500 to $1700. With the home schedule consisting of Florida and Alabama as the marquee games, that seems underwhelming given the price. Looking for either Florida/Alabama themselves is starting at $175 per ticket in the II/JJ/KK territory. Has it always been this ridiculous back during the 90s and early 00s?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Premium product, premium price. Oh, wait...

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It's always ridiculous pricing right now. You're better off buying 'big' games on the secondary market. You can catch all the other games for less than face value 15 minutes before the game.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I feel like tickets are always too high until people get their season tickets in the mail.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes.

I've always waited until a week from the game, any game, and started hunting. I've gotten burnt and overpaid a few times, but I usually can find a few deals or sudden illnesses where people can't go

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If season tickets were tied to a name and photo ID, prices would come in line with reality. Big games are inflated and small games are deflated. Not sure we would be happier with that though. Would lower demand for season tickets

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep. You''ll sit in different places every week. But you can find better seats cheaper going the single route.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I bought season tickets for Auburn because they have a young alumni program that makes them really reasonable. My tickets are the Neyland equivalent of being right below the edge of the overhang in the corner of the north end zone (good Jumbotron view). But when I bought them I saw all the prices for the rest of the stadium and I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay that much instead of just picking individual games.

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I plan on taking 4 friends to their first UT game against Florida. Same advice goes with a larger group?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

texas tried doing that shit and it backfired completely. cal tried doing it with the donor seats and people freaked. it's just stupid. let people resell their damn tickets. even the biggest fan doesn't always attend all the games. and frankly I think resale prices would go up because the supply would drop so much.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you want to sit together that becomes a major problem to scalp at the game I would think. but even if you don't want to scalp at the stadium at least wait a month so that people will get their season tickets and decide which games they are going to resell. I always see a big increase in supply around late august when looking for tickets for various football games. also the week of the game ticket prices generally drop too because people are worried about getting stuck with the tickets.

13. RockyHill

Five will be tough.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

For just Florida for 5 tickets? No, you don’t try on the street pregame. If you all want to sit together, you’re gonna pay more for 5. Even if you break it up 3 and 2 its gonna be hard to find somebody selling 3 or 5 together. So you’ll have to take what you can find at their price. 4 and 1 would work, and the 1 can probably be had for cheap pregame off the street, but you’re gonna pay for the 4. Same with 2-2-1.

as for season tickets, I’ll start doing some fuzzy math here.: 1200 for a season set in upper PP let’s say. 7 home games equals about 175 a game, or 80-90 per ticket. So we will say 175 a game is “face” value.

The idea (with 2 tickets) is that you go above and beyond on 2 games, like 300 for each game, or 150 per ticket which can be had easily for Florida and/or Bama. So you’re only in for 600 right now, and you’re not trying to unload pairs to the SW Shithole State game in upper PP for “face” value because something came up and you can’t go, so now you are trying to recoup your money on season tickets. Yeah, you got Bama and Florida for “face”, but you may actually pay MORE for those games in the long run because you can’t unload the lesser opponents for what you have in them.

Now, my situation (as I’ve said before) is different bc my wife doesn’t care the first thing about going to the actual game. Once they run out of the T, she’s ready to go home. She feels completely opposite about getting dressed and tailgating, so I’m always looking for singles while we tailgate (FYI folks with extras). And if I don’t get the price I want we go home and watch it on TV (that’s never happened).

I paid 100 and 50 (both solo) for OK and UGA. 60 for a pair to USC (with wife). Went to BG with wife in Nashville for about 150 and skipped WC, Arkansas, N. Texas and Vandy. So that’s 90 bucks per game for those 4 games, or 60 bucks a ticket.

Now, if you HAVE to go to every single game that’s fine, I get it. Season tickets offer piece of mind. I get that too.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've not seen week of sales drop a whole lot on Stubhub. Or even day of.

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah, they didn't want to go to a shitastic game against Ohio or Tennessee Tech. I've found groups of 4-6, and the asking price is at least $275/ticket. It's proving difficult.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my wife will be excited to go to a game and then she and the other women will decide to stay and tailgate and then come in at halftime or something. drives me insane. happened 3 straight times before i said enough is enough. now if any other woman is coming i just don't even buy her a ticket.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

weird. obviously i ain't buying tenn tickets though.

19. RockyHill

Hadn't paid all that much attention because I'll only make it to the Florida game at most this year, but the home slate kinda sucks. Playing VT neutral site combined with USCe and Mizzou being down hurts. The excitement that would follow the team reaching their potential would mitigate that though.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh. The number of seats is constant. But ya.