Jordan/Pippen vs. James/Wade

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheGeneral, Feb 19, 2012.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral Member

Watching the Heat game now and they made a comparison of James/Wade as Jordan/Pippen. I just started to imagine how this 2v2 would play out.

Who you taking?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Jordan and pippen all day, every day.

3. TheGeneral

TheGeneral Member

Winners take on Sidney Deane and Billy Hoyle.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think all that metal on their knuckles may affect the shooting of Jordan and Pippen.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd take Jordan v. The other 3

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't remember a whole lot about Jordan and Pippen, but i have seen enough replays and heard enough stories to probably pick them.

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Gotta be the Bulls.

8. TheGeneral

TheGeneral Member

You are wise, young man.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I struggle with Pippen - even though he's an unquestionable HOF'er.

He was a near-perfect compliment to Jordan, but when on his own (in Jordan's absence while playing baseball), he looked considerably less. But, I guess anyone would.

The game where he refused Jackson's play to take the last shot (went to Kukoc, instead?) still sits poorly with me, and likely taints my view a bit. Just flat told Jackson, "No." in the huddle, IIRC.

10. CardinalVol

IIRC, I believe Jackson asked him to inbound the ball. I think he said afterwards he was fine with Kukoc getting it, but it was a slap in the face to not even be a decoy.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jordan was not only one of, if not the best, physically gifted players of all time, he also would chop your balls off if it meant he won.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The most impressive stories i have heard about him are about how [uck fay]ing clutch he was. From what I've been told, the dude had ice flowing through his veins at all time. That, and didn't he like, dominate the NBA finals with like a 103 degree fever?

13. CardinalVol

Yup.

I don't care how much the media wants to pump up LeBron, he's not worthy to even stand in Jordan's shadow. Kobe in the zone is as close as I've seen, and he's still not that close.

If you get NBA TV and ever see one of Jordan's big games on, do yourself a favor and watch it. You will quickly understand how laughable any comparison between Lebron and Jordan is.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've always been told that the thing that puts Kobe on that level is that he does more with less. He is not as much of a physical specimen as Lebron is and Jordan was. His hands are much smaller and arms are much shorter, so it is harder for him to create his own shot or get himself open. Essentially, the person was saying that every single shot Kobe makes is twice as hard for him as it is/was for Lebron and Jordan because his size does not allow him to separate from defenders like theirs does/did. It was a compelling argument, IMO.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Wasn't that bad. Came up short in 7 games, on the road at MSG....overall, I think he did as well as could be expected without Jordan. Grant, Kerr, Kukoc, and Armstrong were all nice players, but not enough for one guy to win a championship with.

He was a brilliant defender.

17. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Shouldn't even be a question. Mike and Scottie. Every damn day.

18. CardinalVol

I can buy that. Kobe's desire to win is probably on the same level of MJ. But, MJ had that plus freakish physical talent.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'm not sure what motivated Kobe more...the desire to win, or the desire to be compared to Michael. Not a criticism...I think Kobe has had a legendary career...just not sure he was chasing championships or chasing Jordan.

20. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Kobe is chasing Jordan,always has