MAC computers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Snakeonia, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Does anyone have one, or could give me some info on them? I'm looking for a new computer, and am considering the MAC. The only thing tha i s holding me back is the price.

2. Laptop or home comp? Either way I think they are very good computers but overpriced.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

it doesn't really matter which, just curious to what your thoughts on them are, and which would be better to have for the money

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't support 50% profit margins. buy a dell.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Are you going to run Snow Leopard or Windows 7 on it?

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

hell if i know, not sure i'll even buy one. just getting ya'lls take on them

7. egotistical

egotistical New Member

I had a MacBook, and never had a problem with it. Takes a while for the change from windows to set in, but I think Mac is better.

8. volinbham

volinbham Member

have used macs since the original and have owned many PCs too. I prefer the Mac. Operating system is rock solid. No dll files or whatever the hell those are, doesn't require as much upkeep, etc. They are pricey though. Have a 24inch iMac and it's got a beautiful screen, plenty of power and has been glitch free since new. Same for my 5 year old Mac Powerbook 15.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

what are you wanting to do with the computer? For video/audio editing and other high end software programs, Macs are tough to beat. If you're just going to be beating off to videos on the internet and occasionally playing with Microsoft Office programs, no sense in paying such a high price. If you're going to be doing some big time PC gaming, go to New Egg or somewhere similar and build (or have someone else do it) your computer with the specs you want.

10. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Used to curse apple...until I got a MacBook Pro. Love it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Get a Toshiba, etc etc.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Talking wang translation software included, of course.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

if it doesn't come with peace oil, I'd leave it in the store.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Nothing like a haughty [itch bay] with a big nose to bring social consciousness to the discussion. Of all the people I hated over at VN, she was top 5.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i must say i enjoyed it when her "perfect" boyfriend dumped her ass.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is my opinion (in case she wants to sue me) that he dumped it in her ass several times before actually dumping her ass.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

easily top 5. Prior to departure, she was probably an easy top 1 for me.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Unbelievable level of smugness. Added with not being nearly as smart as she thought she was and frequently speaking as the authority on topics she knew nothing about, including football, and you had a real piece of shit.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

she was actually more insufferable than the dumbasses. I also thought incinigator and the pearl douchebag who was so proud of living in NYC were close.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Plus she was ugly.

I can understand a hot [itch bay] acting that way but her beak nose and flat chest added nothing.