Bonnaroo 2012

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I have been the last two years, but I'm not as jazzed about this lineup. May end up sitting this one out. What do y'all think?

Perhaps I will look into Coachella. May be a little late in the game to start making arrangements for that two-headed monstrosity of an event, but I do wanna get muzakfest on. KidB enjoys getting his muzakfest on. I get to rock a bandana headband and lie about my age. Hot girls. Early 20s. Movement. Maybe a little make-out. Maybe just the tip. Just for a second. Just to see how it feels.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Good talk.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Radiohead is as good of a live act as there is today. That said, it'll be less fun when surrounded by thousands of over-drugged hippies.

That's thing about Bonnaroo. Also, they probably won't put on as good of a show for Roo. Seems like no one ever does.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores will be pretty awesome this year. If you have to choose one or the other I'd go the the Hangout Festival.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i bought a ticket over the summer. i'll probably sell it.

6. kidbourbon

Here is the problem for me. I don't like Radiohead. I have to acknowledge that Radiohead is a great band because I know a large number of people -- people whose opinions I value -- that *love* Radiohead and will go so far as to rattle off a top five favorite albums list that includes three Radiohead offerings. So Radiohead is obviously doing something right. They are making music that lots of people [uck fay]ing love. But kidbourbon is not one of those people, and it isn't for lack of effort. Radiohead is one of a handful of bands that I have made a concerted effort to like, but it just never happened. I gave them a chance. I do love the song Karma Police, but I don't love Radiohead.

And they're the main act. So that factors heavily into my decisionmaking.

Plus, Bonnaroo has ignored EDM for the second year in a row. That pisses me off. The year before last they had a great EDM lineup with a dedicated stage that went till freaking 7 in the morning. It was awesome. Last year it was gone. Vamoose. And this year they bring in [uck fay]ing....Skrillex? I'm sorry, I just puked a little bit in my mouth.

7. kidbourbon

Does RHCP sound better in Alabama than in Tennessee? I would argue that they are overrated in all 50 States, the District of Dolumbia, and Guam as well.

Look Skrillex! I'm sorry you'll have to excuse me for a second, I've got a little bit of puke here that somehow made its way into my mouth.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Radiohead's stage set up was so awesome when in saw them it might have been enjoyable if they performed a three hour rendition of the Barney song.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

RHCP has some good songs, but their live act is highly overrated.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

We are going primarily for DMB, switchfoot, and Alabama shakes.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Also do not like radiohead. Does not appeal.