Gazing into the Crystal Ball - 2016 Vol Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Aug 25, 2016.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If you want to play along feel free. Last year I done one of these and thought it was fun. Let's see where my mind takes me this year:

September 1 – vs Appy State – Tennessee 45 Appy State 19 (1-0)

Orange Tint Reactions: You know boys Appy State is a legit D1 school now. That buzzsaw defense we have now is legit. We gonna win it all this year….

September 10 – vs Va Tech in Bristol – Tennessee 34 Va Tech 14 (2-0)

Orange Tint: By Gawd…….the biggest football game ever. We just won the biggest football game ever. And we beat Virginia Tech like a dog. We can’t be beat this year. bUTch is going to take us all the way boys. So what if Dobbs still isn’t hitting people well……….we have so many weapons no one can stop us this year.

September 17 – vs Ohio. Tennessee 52 Ohio 10 (3-0)

Orange Tint: My God, it’s happening. It’s 1998 all over again. Shoop’s defense is insane. Ohio beat Kansas last week boys. They BEAT Kansas. And we killed them. 400 yards rushing total. Bring on those Gainesville idiots. We ready this time boys.

September 24 – vs Florida. Tennessee 31 Florida 20 (4-0)

Orange Tint: YES, YES, YES, YES, YES. Look, it’s in the cards now. We have overcame all odds and beat Florida finally once again. We’re in the top 5. It’s HAPPENING

October 1 – at Georgia. Georgia 24 Tennessee 21 (4-1)

Orange Tint: WHAT…….JUST…….HAPPENED? It was all there. We were set. How can we lose to that first year idiot? All the missed opportunities. Oh lord why, why, why is this happening? Let’s check the schedule boys – I think we still have a shot if we run the table. It’s not over till it’s over!

October 8 – at Texas A&M. Tennessee 24 A&M 20 (5-1)

Orange Tint: Ok, ok, back on the winning track. Everything is ok. We got this. Not a pretty win but a win is a win on the road. Look out Saban you are going down next week.

October 15 – vs Alabama. Alabama 35 Tennessee 23 (5-2)

Orange Tint: NOOOOOOOOOO. Not again. Why does this have to happen? What does Saban have that we don’t? I mean they are probably going to win the National Title so I guess no shame in that but why do we have to keep losing to those SOB’s?

October 29 – at South Carolina. Tennessee 48 South Carolina 17 (6-2)

Orange Tint: Where was that against Alabama? My God, we decimated these idiots. I guess it’s a good consolation prize that we beat the dog crap out of Muschump. Oh crap we really need those Bulldogs to lose.

November 5th – vs TN Tech. Tennessee 63 TN Tech 14 (7-2)

Orange Tint: Well oiled machine. Just took a little bit to get going this year. Butch has everything in control. This is so freaking unfair. Georgia got BEAT by North Carolina pretty bad and lost to Ole Miss too. Now they will get in over us even if they lose to Auburn next week. Go to hell Georgia. You won’t stand a chance against Alabama but we could take them the second time around and we would maybe still have had a chance at the playoffs. Now it’s all ruint.

November 12th vs Kentucky. Tennessee 31 Kentucky 21 (8-2)

Orange Tint: A win is a win. Kentucky is pretty stout this year all things considered. I mean it’s hard for poor Butch since the team can’t make it to Atlanta. But we can fight hard and try to get to one of the other big games. There’s always next year!

November 19th – vs Mizzouri. Tennessee 38 Mizzou 19 (9-2)

Orange Tint: Handling business if you will. Great record. So proud of this team that’s fought hard all year and that damned Georgia is backdooring right into the SEC Title game. We’d KILL them if we played them again right now. This is BS.

November 26th – at Vandy. Tennessee 27 Vandy 13 (10-2)

Orange Tint: We still own the state of Tennessee. Vandy you are pathetic. Welp boys it’s been a good year all things considered. We WON 10 GAMES! We have improved yet again. Butch has this ship on the right path and next year it’s playoffs or bust. NEXT YEAR is the year boys!!!!! WHOOOOOOO

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think this is pretty damn accurate.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The WHOOOO is pretty on target at the end there.

I still think we lose to Florida though.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It is certainly one of a few believable scenarios.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

My mind took me to the worst imaginable scenario as a UT fan and that was basically it. Oh, if we somehow lose to Florida I think it comes off the rails. We'd lose to Georgia, A&M, and Bama too. Then rally like normal and beat all the shitkickers and people will still defend the head coach. 10-2 with Georgia making it to Atlanta is what would split the fanbase on Jones even moreso than now so that's likely what will happen. We can't have nice things.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yep, which will suck because there's a decent chance none of those 10 wins will really be impressive.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jones is here at least three more years. Hart won't fire him. New guy needs to give him at least two years before canning him. All this talent was for nothing.

8. NorrisAlan

If I was AD and came in and this joker hadn't made it to the SECCG, I would invite him into my office, say "Nice to meet you. Now please take this beautiful golden parachute and head back to Michigan."

9. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Plot twist: Fulmer will be the new AD and do that delighting us all then immediately name himself as the new head football coach also.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We're going 9-3

11. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think TAMU is going to suck. We beat them but lose to Florida. Butch whines about Alexis Johnson and Shy Tuttle not being ready. Tuttle makes three sacks against UK, and he's like "See?".

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think TAMU will surprise people. Trevor Knight will be legit in that offense and they are pretty loaded.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

we won't lose to Georgia

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

What makes you say that?

16. CardinalVol

we are that much better of a team this year.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Theoretically, we should be. Our offensive scheme is still a limiting factor.

18. CardinalVol

and our defense is going to be exponentially better.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

12-2. Lose to Bama, beat LSU in the SEC Championship, lose to Michigan in the Playoff.

Or 9-3, Idk.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Smart can get a lot more out of them, though. Richt was really underachieving.