Feminism

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Feb 22, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan.

One of the reasons I'm not a big fan is because I really don't have the first clue what it even means. Nobody has ever been able to give me a single sentence that describes what feminism actually is. So what I take from that, is that feminism doesn't even exist. It's just an umbrella term to describe unprincipled and inconsistent ramblings of unattractive women man-hating because they are unattractive and men hate them.

But, really, I just wrote all of the above as a transition into me telling you about this blog that I think is awesome. It's about: (a) running game on girls, and (b) how awful feminists are. And that's about it. Dude is an excellent writer, whoever he is.

It’s Time For Women To Woman Up « Chateau Heartiste

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Women expect to be equal in everything they want to be equal in. We are still expected to hold the door for them, and their standards for physical fitness are lower for things like the FBI. It's annoying.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

They all have the right to make a sammich. Everything else is just a distraction from what they're supposed to be doing.

4. kidbourbon

The cumulative effects of feminism have resulted in much greater evils than these. Let's just say if I ever get married, I will *unquestionably* get a pre-nup -- and I'm even a bit of a hopeless romantic. But there aint' nothing cool about the way the law of divorce has tilted in favor of the female.

Edit: laws related to divorce proceedings and allocation of assets. better phrasing than "law of divorce".

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Quite possibly the stupidest thread in the 8th's young history.

It is bitterly ironic that Kid probably gets laid about a bazillion times to my one. Go figure.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol this could get interesting

7. kidbourbon

I'm not a female hater or an anti-feminist,* I just think feminism is ridiculous and I don't know what purpose it is intended to serve.

If you think it a stupid post, tell us the virtues of feminism.

*of course, I don't know aht that means either.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd love to know if anyone here had the balls to suggest a pre nup. particurally a young guy with little to no assets.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the glass ceiling is complete garbage. that i will agree with. women make less than men because they work less.

10. kidbourbon

I'm single. If I get married, I won't just suggest a pre-nup, I'll tell my girl the address to the law office where she can review it and sign it. I will also advise her to review it with counsel. I will speak no other words about it, but it will not be presented as negotiable.

11. kidbourbon

I'm single. If I get married, I won't just suggest a pre-nup, I'll tell my girl the address to the law office where she can review it and sign it. I will also advise her to review it with counsel. I will speak no other words about it, but it will not be presented as negotiable.

12. kidbourbon

To be clear, the pre-nup isn't intended to screw anybody over. But to prevent yourself from being screwed over after your wife gets knocked up by the milkman.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The words of an old song come to mind here,"Whats Love Got to do with it!"

14. kidbourbon

I won't get married unless I'm madly madly in love. But that isn't going to make me uncognizant of the fact that like 15 percent of children born within marriage have a biological father that isnt' the husband. Females aren't angels.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

the best solution seems to be avoiding marriage all together. I know what [MENTION=48]NYYVol[/MENTION] would have to say on this issue.

16. kidbourbon

That statistic was off. Here it is:

17. kidbourbon

I wouldn't get married except that I'd like to have kids and I think it's better for the kids.

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

There are a few out there, this Oct. 30, I will have the same bride for 28 years. Maybe look in different places than where you may be looking now.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll get back in on this when I get some time today or tomorrow. I hope to do 2 things:

1. Define feminism for you (it is quite difficult, you are right)
    2. Point out it virtues, and also how it has simultaneously given us our modern culture and actually undermined its own original goals in the process

20. kidbourbon

My parents have been married since 1969. All my aunts and uncles for similarly long periods as well. And both my brothers are happily married with kids. There has only been one divorce in my extended family and that was a cousin on my mom's side who I suspect might be a lesbian. I respect the institution of marriage and if I get married, I will do everything I can to ensure I remain married. And the pre-nup will be irrelevant. Still nothing wrong with being prudent.