Zone Read

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 2, 2016.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Jimmy Hyams just said something I've been wanting to say since the middle of the game last night. Dobbs was not a threat on the zone read at all. This offense is useless if there is no threat of the QB keeping the ball on the zone read. Just blown away by that.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We've been saying this since the moron showed up and tried to use Worley in it. Neutering Dobbs actually neuters Hurd too. Botch and DeBord are just morons.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I know why Worley never kept it, but why is Dobbs not doing it ?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Stupid coaching

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Same crap as last year. Spent half the season being told not to keep.

6. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

You have to love the best coaching staff in America blatantly refusing to play to its players strengths.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I understand hoping to play conservatively, but once you realize it is a ball game, unleash the offense.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd be stunned if Hurd lasts the whole season. They are going to get him killed.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Too stubborn. Or arrogant. Or stupid.

Or all of the above.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I honestly think he is insane.

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Yep. These guys have their plan, and stick to it come hell or high water. Lyle's "best wins" have been games where his ass was getting kicked into his chest and the offense started playing backyard football, abandoning the game plan that got them down by 3 scores to begin with.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hope Dobbs and company don't wait until the UGA game to tell Jones to **** off and take over.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If they were dumb enough to install that offense for Worley to run, is it really that much of a shock.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hurd isn't a good zone runner either. He's a down hill gap player being under utilized

15. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Dobbs is part of the problem. B#tch's offense is great if you want to win 9-10 games in the MAC. Our "friends" down in Tuscaloosa seem to do quite well with middle of the road pro-style game managers. 2 completions longer than 15yds last night (one of which was for 16yds). Pathetic.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Doing the same thing over and....yes I agree.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's terrible at designing an offense around the talent at hand.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There you go.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We have no chance. Seriously. Besides Jones we have three unbelievably terrible coaches on the offensive side. Debord, Mahoney and Azzanni are horrible. It's laughably bad.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You Lmost couldn't pick a group that bad if you were trying. No kidding. You couldn't blind draw that badly for absolute sure. You'd luck into at least one who isn't the worst in the conference.