What did I learn last night???

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TDVol1989, Sep 2, 2016.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Not 1 damn thing...

I already knew that:

1. Dobbs is not great in the "Throw Game"
    2. Ethan Wolf is allowed 1 catch per game. It works, it's always there, but just 1 time per game.
    3. We telegraph many of our plays. I am in Insurance, not coaching, but my dear sweet wife things I am a freakin' clairvoyant. Imagine how easy it is for other coaches to scheme our offense.
    4. The whole team shits their pants when something bad happens (Sutton's fumble) just like the Head Coach.
    5. Our offensive line is poorly coached. You would think they had never seen movement. 2 Years ago Missouri put a Freak Job on us by moving the DL's.
    6. If you make Dobbs throw, our offense stalls...just like most everyone here has been saying.
    7. I hate Butch.
    8. We hate throwing deep routes even though our receivers are so talented, you can pretty much throw it up for grabs and get a 60yd TD.
    9. DeBord is bad. Real bad.
    10.We consistently make head scratching personnel moves. Dobbs/Worley, Colton Jumper, now LaTroy Lewis (though Lewis is much better than Jumper, he is not better than Vereen)
    11.Butch is always good for a few stupid comments in the Post Game Presser.
    12.Butch is EXTREMELY defensive in the Post Game Presser. Ok, don't apologize for winning, but how about for playing like do-do?
    13.We never assess the game and change our strategy.
    14.Butch approaches game adversity with Conservative Strategy.
    15.Beware of the Goal Line in OT. It's like our Bermuda Triangle.

There's more, but if you actually learned anything new last night, feel free to enlighten me.

2. MWR

MWR Contributor

I'm starting to believe it will be a long season for Vol fans.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet you guys go and beat everyone till A&M and convince yourselves this was an anomaly and then that's when the real pain will start.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty crappy of him to say he won't apologize for winning. That implies that he would ever accept an iota of blame for a loss.

6. TDVol1989

But kptvol, his chart is NEVER wrong! If he sticks to the chart, how the hell could HE be wrong! I sure would like to hear him behind the scenes explain exactly who or what IS to blame. My guess the fans that booed.

7. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

I learned I was wrong to think we would improve just a little bit. I learned nobody will run on us this year. Wait till we play somebody.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Here's what I learned today after watching the post game butch jones press conference:

1. I should never watch another butch jones press conference
    2. The way he says "particular" is stupid and it pisses me off
    3. "Let me educate you" has now become a trigger word/phrase.

9. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

"Let me educate you."

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That was a dumb thing to say.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thursday morning, day of the game, my alarm goes off in the morning. That doofus' voice is on the radio and I about threw the alarm through the window.

It has become a big part of my practice since then to work on letting that go. All this anger is bad for me.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I try not listen to Butch, ever

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I had to let it go a few years back. I still allow myself to be sucked back in occasionally, but overall it's a much healthier situation. I'll reinvest a bit when there is reason to do so.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I learned I'm a masochist

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've been unplugged for most of the day - but, sorry, you're saying that those words actually came out of Jones' mouth? During a presser?

This legit happened?

16. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

This, most of my buddies are here too.

2 came to the dark side after Thursday... I welcomed them home with open arms.

17. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Dennis Green should be the spokesman for this forum.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch has been saying "Let me educate you" about quite a few things

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Good advice.

I don't care what he says, probably why I dont make habit of finding qoutes to read or interviews to watch.

20. TDVol1989

I realize the perils of using Facebook as a source, but this is opinion only.

One of my friends, who is a Memphis fan and hazed me with THAT loss, is posting about Butch Jones being the wrong guy. Nothing new, but when people who HATE Tennessee start feeling sorry for us, that says a lot.