Afghan Book Burning

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Feb 22, 2012.

1. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gag. Sucks all around. The guy saying we've disrespected him so bad he's siding with the Taliban was great. Crashing planes full of innocent people into buildings full of thousands of innocent people in the name of Allah doesn't disrespect you?

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

The U.S. should have known that civilian casualties/sending ground troops in would be a disaster, which is what it will be when the U.S. leaves in 2014. They should have hired the Mossad to extirpate Al Qaeda and called it a day.

4. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Al Qaeda= Iraq
    Taliban= Afghanistan

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Went to Afghanistan to destroy Al Qaeda training camps, yes? Taliban just called Bush's bluff. Except it wasn't a bluff.

Iraq equals Saddam's alleged MADs. Al Qaeda came later.

You're in the military?

6. 7thgroupvolfan

Is this a serious question?

Went to Afghanistan to push the Taliban out of power.

7. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

I don't expect much more from people that are uneducated and stuck in neanderthal times. Hope everything is going ok for you 7th.

8. 7thgroupvolfan

Your avy's creepy dude! We all good, brah.

9. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

I'm keeping an eye on you dood. Your avvy is not necessarily run of the mill, hahaha. Glad you guys are hanging tough.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was a serious question, because you confused me when you said we didn't go to Afghanistan to fight Al Qaeda. That's exactly why we went there. They're just not there any more and we still are. Like suckers.

11. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

Don't challenge the mighty 7.

12. MacReady

MacReady New Member

It's a shame we don't have devote muslims on our forums. I would shit on them harder than IP at a boy scout meeting.

13. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Are you related to SavageOrangeJug?

15. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Negative

edit - To clarify, I'm probably more anti religion in general than IP. Causing death over an obviously fiction book is ridiculous and completely wrong no matter how backwards 17th century your religious views are. They are holding the world back form being a better place. There is a time and point for a negotiation but sometimes you have to call an idiot a [uck fay]ing retard to get the point across. They would have something if they were saying Death to America for ruining their already shitty country. Over a book? Give me a [uck fay]ing break goat-herders.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I don't see how this can be inadvertent. That was my homebase while I was there and at minimum twice a week we were told that if we came across the Koran not to touch it, pick it up or anything. Even if we found it on the ground, we were supposed to get one of the local workers and let them handle it. For what we do, bartering with the Afghans was the norm. I helped send out over 50,000 hand crank radios so they could hear broadcasted messages and Afghan music that we were broadcasting. I sent out probably 10k flags for them and countless other goods, pamphlets, posters, handbills and all sorts of other things. But the Koran was the ultimate no no. The US is not handling this well at all. It's not about whether we think their Muslim customs and ideas make sense, it's about respecting who they are and letting them live their life. I'm not even sure how the Korans made it to Bagram, but I can't fathom how they can slip through the cracks so badly that they wound up in the trash incinerators. Would love to find out how they got there.

17. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

I understand what you're saying Bill and I agree. But I don't understand why the populace can't get it that some shithead or shitheads [uck fay]ed up, maybe intentionally just to jab at their culture, and take it as such. Civilized people would express their outrage and demand those responsible be punished. But what the hell, the Watts and south LA riots paint a picture that we aren't any better. Guess our civilization as a whole hasn't progressed much past the stone age and that's a crying shame. Maybe one day a more enlightened life force will get fed up and cleanse the universe of the shit that exists on this planet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx15CZbaW1o&feature=related

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obama apologizing after they killed two of our men is outrageous. We ought to burn 1,000 korans for each of those soldiers.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

And MacReady makes me look like a Cardinal.

20. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

You might as well use Daffy Duck as an example in this discussion. He has no clue.