NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't think you have any solutions to offer. Which you've proven over and over. You may you don't have enough info to say what should be done, but you know what was done was wrong and it's the fault of those damned bigoted white male capitalists taking advantage of the poor and the brown.

If you were 10% as smart as you think you would see the fallacy in this, but you aren't. You are simply arrogant. So examine the problem some more. Tax the successful and punish the powerful all under the excuse that you are creating equity. You aren't. You are advocating despotism under a more palatable name, and you'll lie and cheat and lbel in order to protect That. That is why you are a detriment to human society, albeit in a small and insignificant way.

2. cotton

Btw, I will tell you what I think should have been done to Wilson and the Baltimore cops: I think they should have been investigated by an outside agency to see if crimes were committed and, if appropriate, brought to trial under relevant law.

Since that position puts me exactly on the opposite side of you, you should probably think about why without using the term 'bigot.'

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

You're allowed to point out problems without having a ready-made solution for every single one. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much. If every movement were restricted to experts only, nothing would ever change.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Indirectly? That's why you're stupid. Ignore the silliness about Kaepernick and the end game there, this is dumber.

5. cotton

Yep. Don't know what shoulda been done with Baltimore pd, but know it was racist. End the drug war!

Smart position.

6. NashVol11

I threw in "indirectly" because I assumed people would get all mad and say they never said that. Where was the [itch bay]ing?

7. NashVol11

Where did I even mention the Baltimore PD?

It's fine though, keep arguing against strawmen that are convenient for you and ignoring everything that isn't. People probably won't catch on.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah man. You've not lived a hard life on the streets like this guy has. You have no idea.

9. NashVol11

I'll slow it down for Cotton, so this doesn't take a full week again:

The idea that you have to have developed a solution in order to validly point out a problem is ridiculous. Does anyone disagree with that?

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That doesn't make him much different than Newton then.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what's it accomplishing if you don't have a solution? i.e. if your actions aren't going to improve the situation isn't it just posturing?

12. NashVol11

Problems generally don't get solved until the majority of the country wants them to be. For that to happen, people have to pay attention to them.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so he does have a solution?

14. NashVol11

So you're saying they have similar levels of toughness, but only Ben gets credit for his toughness on this site?

Thanks.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You need to watch Pittsburgh play the Ravens or the Bengals

16. NashVol11

He's brought attention to it. People are talking about it. That makes the ones who actually do have solutions much more likely to have an audience.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You mean the perception or the reality?

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You sure have a problem with putting words out there that are never typed.

Continue on with your crusade.

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I have. I'm aware that Ben takes a ton of shots, but until I see the evidence of people launching straight at Ben's forehead and earhole multiple times in a game, I'm not buying it. Also, I'm not trying to push any narrative as to why Cam doesn't get the same treatment as other QB's, but it's undoubtedly true.

20. NashVol11

I say you don't need solutions to point out problems, people assume I'm making all these statements about Baltimore and BLM, and that's fine.

Someone says Cam acts like Ben after getting hit, I assume that means they're similarly tough, and I'm making all these wild assumptions.

Ok.