The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

me too. but i like his work on the mic so i give him the benefit of the doubt.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Maybe the anonymous GM is whoever was running over people with a limo in WCW. They're just going to roll the two angles together.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Might be the people in the white van who abducted Samoa Joe a while back, then just let him return with no explanation six weeks later.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Has Cena ever earned a 3-count with that goofy leg drop off the top rope? Goes for the pin every time he hits it.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Vince Russo is a genius.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

is this really the best ending they can come up with?

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Cena's little finishing move there is apparently more effective when the opponent is mesmerized by Big Sexy.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Take that Cena. You little chihuahua.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

ADR is a good wrestler and he's a pretty good heel, but he's not ready to be a champ. Doesn't have the ability to ad lib anything and he doesn't have enough of a gimmick. A rich Latin guy that comes out in fancy cars. His mic work makes him boring. But I guess this is the new strategy for WWE. They did it with Orton and Miz and I'm sure some in between. I hope ADR and Cena take a backseat to Punk and Nash/HHH

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No kidding. That's the problem with all those exciting false finishes. If he kicks out of the finisher 3 times during the match, why is it so devastating the fourth time around?

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Is that more prevalent nowadays or what? Back when I watched this stuff religiously, if you got a Stunner, Rock Bottom, Pedigree or Sweet Chin Music your ass was out cold the first time.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think he's the best young talent in the company. Entertaining on the mic and in the ring. I'm glad they put the belt on him, but think they killed a lot of natural momentum they had with Punk as champ.

I probably would have held off a few months on Del Rio's run, but I think he's big time.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I think he has the potential to be big time, I just don't know that he's ready. I would've kept the momentum running with Punk, but that makes sense, so you know WWE can't do anything like that. I just don't see how Nash can keep things very interesting for more than a few weeks.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

They had so much momentum and they've just about lost me. The Punk/Nash/Trips angle needs to really pick up. The "What" chants are killing me too.

15. WM

WM Active Member

[​IMG]
    http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/08/pro-wrestler-drives-car-into-tree-gets-arrested-loses-mind

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It's a miracle. A bona fide road to Damascus moment. Hallelujah.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Interesting story from Michael Tarver about John Cena purposely injuring him with a chair:

"That night, David Otunga and I knew that we were taking chair shots and we knew when we were taking them, something of that magnitude can be dangerous and we were prepared for it. I had my reservations about it because on an independent show in 2005, a guy I was working with hurt me pretty bad with a chair, hitting me in the back of the head and necking leading to me being temporally unconscious and paralyzed for 45 minutes so I had reservations about taking chair shots. (During the segment), I look over and see David Otunga taking his shot and it sounded like it was a lot harder than it show have been so as I prepared for mine, I felt it and it felt like he was trying to swing for a home run so I dropped out and I wasn’t selling it because I was legit hurt. As I’m laying there, I see David Otunga taking multiple chair shots, more than the one that we were told we were taking so when I saw that I decided to get out of there because I was thinking about what happened in 2005 and when I get up, I see part of a chair swinging towards me and I put my left arm up to protect myself.

"Now before I continue, when you are in a situation like that in pro wrestling/sports entertainment and you know there is something that dangerous planned, there is no reason for you to have to protect yourself in that way from being legitimate hurt. There is a reason to protect yourself in a match to get that part over but to protect yourself like if you were getting shot at is something different. I’m not trying to say Cena was trying to maliciously hurt me, I’m just saying he wasn’t being very careful. So when he swung the chair, and I put my arm up to project myself, the point of the chair caught my left arm and immediately felt bones crack and knew something was seriously wrong so I ran because I wasn’t going to take another shot as I knew I couldn’t protect myself.

"I get backstage and its customary being a rookie, being as it is entertainment and we work together, for you to shake hands and thank the person, especially someone like John Cena, to shake his hand and thank him for that experience because he didn’t have to work with me or any of us for that matter. I’m in the back and I’m kicking all the trash cans and I’m angry and I’m trying not to yell because I didn’t want to lose my job. As he came back, I put my hand out and said “Thank You” and he just looked at me and walked past and of course I was even more angry. He made it about five more steps, looked over his shoulder, laughed and said “How’s the arm?” and I said “It’s fine” and he laughed again and walked off."

18. egotistical

egotistical New Member

read that yesterday. cena is going to follow in hogan's footsteps, he'll end up having a shitty attitude and refuse to put anyone over.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator