Bizarre stat

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 1, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The last two years, Tennessee is 4-0 in games in which they trail by 14 or more points. As of the start of today, the rest of FBS is 73-698. It makes no sense... UNLESS you view it through the lense of coaching decisions. We have to play looser in close games.

2. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I'm still amazed and in shock that we Won that game. Lucky us for another week. GO VOLS!!!

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Nope. One word: resiliency.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Behind is the only way our idiot OC doesn't shackle us. It's also at the point we're past the scripts and charts.

Look how shoddy it is when we got early leads. We actually tightened the clamps to unrecoverable.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's where we let Dobbs off of his short leash to throw the ball down the field and use his legs.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which is what this stat demonstrates, imo. Coaching is holding them back. Only when the panic button is hit and the "plan" goes out the window do they truly play to their potential, and thus win against most folks. Otherwise, it's close 50/50 losses like OU, FL, Arky, and Bama last year. Not saying we should win them all, just that we can't win them the way they coach them. Today is a great example, given we should have lost when we had a chance to put it away on offense.

7. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

This year we got lucky today.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

9. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

That's crazy

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

fyp

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

yeah. that was a missed opportunity by me.

12. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

CBJ sold his soul to the devil

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I didn't realize he played the guitar. Thought he was a flutey flute player.

14. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

could not agree more

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Heard Butch say on the radio that they would be working on eliminating the slow start but it was a head scratcher to date on the problem...lol

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It was still a win. Don't apologize for it.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That or God finally took the orange 16 jersey out of the closet.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Given this year's record so far, I'd say it's a 27 jersey.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

We've lost a game or 4 in that span of time too. Bama, UF, OU, Arky-- we never trailed by 14 points. And if a higher power has a rooting interest, who else would it be but Bama? You're going down a dark path of thought. Turn back.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Plus, I'm young and still have a lot of growing up to do.