Ryan Braun

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Feb 25, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

System worked or a cheater who got off the hook?

2. WM

WM Active Member

A guy who should have been more careful with skanks.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd have to go with guy that got off the hook

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Got off the hook, he still hasn't given an explanation to why his testosterone was 20% higher than the average male athlete. I think he is full of shit and this crusade of the truth will win in the end that he has been spewing the last 48 hours makes me want to kick him in the face.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

System worked. Never failed before and suddenly had the highest levels ever wrapped around two negative tests? Sorry, but the details lead me to the obvious that the test was screwed up, which happens more than people think.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Both sides agree that the test wasn't tampered with. it remained sealed with no signs of tampering and was handled to the standard of all other anti doping testing procedures. He just happened to get off on a technicality of getting the sample to FedEx within a certain time period. I dont believe for a second he was clean.

7. tankervol

tankervol Member

Was there something he took that made him test positive? More than likely. Do I care? No. From an entertainment standpoint, let them use whatever they want to use. These guys know the effects of the substances they put into their body. Although I'm still a huge baseball fan, I found the game much more entertaining when guys like Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds were making people tune in to see how far they could hit their next home run.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Somewhat agree but the playing field should be level. If one person is using,I would rather everyone be using. I honestly don't think that Braun had had success because of hgh, but I do think it would give him an unfair advantage and threw ability to never come back from that injury and maintain his success.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Then you're looking at the guys that aren't willing to sacrifice long term health all being second rate.

I would say that somewhat encouraging that kind of culture could lead to some pretty big lawsuits down the road, too.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Doesn't matter. The test vials may not have been properly cleaned from previous tests or a host of other things. The fact that his positive was so extraordinarily (and unrealistically) high leads me to believe that his numerous clean tests were the accurate ones. I fully believe he was clean. He's never been under suspicion, no physical characteristics to suggest use nor stat discrepancies, either.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Any suspicion that he used it briefly to aid in recovering from an injury?

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain