Why Can't I Understand the UGA Love?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bigpapavol, Aug 23, 2011.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I can't for the life of me understand why all these college football guys are picking UGA as the real competition for SCe? Am I just missing something?

For my money, if Muschamp isn't an utter moron, UF runs away with the east.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Everybody loves a qb. They've got question marks all over the field, but by God, they've got Aaron Murray. That, and an awfully favorable schedule.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

For me, Georgia's the nation's most interesting team out of the gate this season. Their first two weeks couldquickly determine the outcome of their season, as well as the next several years for their program.

If they stumble to 0-2, the heat on Richt will be more intense than ever...and I'm not sure they can circle the wagons. I could see them collapsing and finishing 6-6 or 5-7, which would almost certainly lead to his termination.

On the flip side, if they somehow manage to go 2-0, looking at the remainder of their schedule, you'd have to put them in the driver's seat in the East, and it would have the look of a 10-win season. That could buy him a few more years in Athens.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

They could put themselves 1-1 and still arguably be in the driver's seat of the SEC East.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the reports i've been seeing out of florida lead me to believe that brantley isn't looking like brady quinn 2.0. I always thought richt was a good coach, but i'm having my doubts. too much talent for them not to win 10 games every year.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

True, and might be the most likely scenario...but not nearly as interesting as 0-2 or 2-0.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida's D is going to be ridiculously talented and goes about 3 deep at every position but CB.

If Charlie can keep Brantley from throwing the ball to the other team 4 times a game, UF should win the East.

UGA has lost 3 potential starting OL over the summer and both TBs. UGA's O was pathetic without Greene and he's gone too.

8. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Seems like every year the "experts" of college football are on Georgia's jock. I've never understood it, same ol' shit to me.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Who else is rooting for Boise?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not me. a blowout would feel oh so good. those who like boise i have a feeling haven't run into their fans. when they tell you their second string is better than the first string of every top 25 team you start rooting for an ass kicking.

11. chavisut

I hate Boise, but I'd love to see UGA start off 0-2.

Given that UGA is one of only two games Boise could lose, I might change my mind.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tough situation, indeed. Definitely don't want Boise going undefeated, but would love to see dem dawgs crash and burn.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope like hell UGA beats Boise then wins about 4 more games the rest of the year.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That'd be the best. You never know with Richt. He's a little Les Miles-ish. Does some shit that's dumber than hell but occasionally has some really great games.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this is where I am. Screw em both, but screw Boise more. I'd love for people to think highly of UGA when we play them. Win or lose, it benefits us for them to be overrated.

16. chavisut

Best scenario.

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I can't for the life of me understand how one arrives at the bolded statement. Am I just missing something?

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Rank the SEC-E teams on the strength of their skill players only.

19. chavisut

I don't see it either. I think Brantley will be slightly better than last year. From terrible to mediocre.

20. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

1. Personally, I think UGA is in store for a shatty season. They seem to have some striking depth issues, they lost over 50% of their offense from last year, and I am not sure if they are prepared to properly run the 3-4 yet.

2. Awesome site. This is my first post. S/O to tigervol for the invite.