Vols vs Bama Discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Oct 10, 2016.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I'm not saying this just because he went wild against aTm, but I hope we use Kamara more than normal this week. I believe that matchup is better than the power run game of Hurd against Bamas big defense.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The first Third Saturday in October in a long time that I feel like we actually have a shot at winning.

[​IMG]

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This has great potential to be a rough game for us. I think we can score on them some, but we're really beat up on defense. This would have been a good week to have off in hopes to get some guys healthy. At full strength I think we could beat them. We have to limit mistakes, (turnovers and penalties) to stay in this game. Defensive line needs to continue to play well, but from there back everyone has to step it up this week.

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

We have a legitimate shot. Not going as far to say we will win, but this is the best chance we have had had in awhile at pulling this one out.

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I haven't seen any highlights but apparently Bama mauled Arkansas to death. Per the radio guys this morning anyway.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Bama will attack the LBs in space and the CBs over the top. Those 2 groups will have to have their best performance. We are good enough at DL, Not sure about behind them.

UT has to be even (at worse) in turnovers.

The offense will not pull off 600+ this weekend but they won't have to if we don't give them easy scores.

Who is able to play is another question.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The game was never in doubt. Bama got 2 tds from their defense.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The backups were rotating in in the 3rd quarter.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I can't help but be excited, it's bama week damn it!

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Nice.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

TAMU mauled Arkansas too.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

TAMU pulled away late. Alabama kicked them in their ***** repeatedly from the opening whistle

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Reuben Foster, a starting LB for Alabama, left the Arkansas game with a concussion. He's a frickin Mack Truck when he hits people and is actually really fun to watch. If he doesn't play, that's a big hitter and a really good LB they're missing.

Alphonso Taylor, the starting RG, also left with a concussion.

14. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

If UT can get somewhat healthy they have a decent shot of winning. It's hard for freshman QB to win on the road and typically UA has trouble stopping dual threat QBs. UT still loses but this is the best shot they've had under Butch

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Can Bama score 70 points on us?

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If we turn it over 7 times yeah

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Screw Bama

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I'm sure his back up is also a 5 star beast waiting for his chance to shine. lol

19. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Last year was the best shot. It took a last minute drive to pull it out. Saturday it will not come down to the last drive. If Tennessee was full strength on defense,this game would be a classic.

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Opened at 9 climbing to 12 to 12.5 currently.