Postseason Prospects.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

We've all been focused on UT's NCAA chances, but there's still a chance this team misses postseason play altogether. SEC teams have never participated in the CIT or CBI. If Tennessee finishes with a whimper, they may well not see any games after the SEC Tournament. All the more reason they need to take care of business this week.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You're saying that you think there's a chance -- if things really go to shit going forward -- that we wouldn't get into the NIT?

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yes. That danger becomes very real if a bunch of small conference regular season champs fall in their tournaments. They get automatic NIT bids if they fail to qualify for the NCAAs. If UT falls apart, they'll finish at 16-16. .500 probably won't cut it, especially when you take into account one of those wins is non D-I.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't communicate how big the game is on Wednesday and how concerned I am about this team traveling to Baton Rouge.

Didn't realize that Oregon won the CBI last year and forgot Cuonzo won the CIT in 2010.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I remember the 2008 team needed a late JaJuan steal to close out a game down there. Bruce's first trip down there was an interesting contest too.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

1-2 in the next three seal it, or does it depend on how many upsets we get in one-bid conference tournaments?

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Need to win 1 of two in regular season then 1 in the tournament.