Gilchrist not one and done...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hardwoodfanatic, Feb 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Breaking: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist says he's staying at UK.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

A good bet would be that he will not graduate before he enters the draft.

3. hardwoodfanatic

Yep, I like the intentions, but no way am I believing that.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very dumb decision. If you get a chance to get crazy money you take it. Kid could blow his knee out playing college ball and never see a drop of life changing money.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He only has to look at his other wing to see an example. I'm no draft analyst, but I have to think Terrance Jones has hurt himself by returning.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He could still go the NBA and eventually graduate. That's what I would do, especially if they win it all this year.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it. I think he'll go.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Thats a good point. Jones's stock has really gone down. Get the money when you can and come back for the educaction.

9. hardwoodfanatic

You would think so, but his draft stock right now still has him going at 13-17 in almost every available mock draft. He isn't playing horrible ball since recovering from that 4 game slide starting with Indiana, it's just that there is much better ball being played around him this season you just lose him in the shuffle. However, it is a disappointing season for him, as he stated publicly (and Cal confirmed it) that he came back to shape up his game and go top 5 in the draft.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will not sniff the top 5.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

And there was a lot of talk about him going in the lottery last season, which was my point. He's still going to get a good shot and big money, but it won't be as good or as big as it would have if he hadn't played this season for free.

Gilchrist is, IMO, a better player and a better prospect. He could very well find himself in a similar situation if he does actually stay.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he should take the money and run

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Got to take the money. You can finish up a degree during summers.