Something has been bothering me...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ptclaus98, Oct 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

...other than the pack of coyotes yelping in the forest behind my house just now.

Infomercials. They advertise products that are hit and miss. Its largely hard to trust that the product will even get to you, much less work. So why are 90 percent of the guys pitching this stuff the sleaziest sounding joisey gutter trash? The type of guy who you are absolutely sure will grope a teenage girl on the subway so you definitely make sure to insert yourself between him and your daughter. Basically Frank from Always Sunny. I mean, I know I can't speak too loudly being from the home of Mike's Golf, but can someone explain this to me?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm going to knock the shit out of Roland Martin, if I ever see him over his helicopter lure. I was in the 4th grade and I thought they would help me beat my dad at fishing.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I remember those

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And the "banjo minnow"

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You could actually catch a fish on those.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They employ these over-the-top spokespeople for one reason: It makes Americans buy their shit.

Not being a smart-ass, that's legit the reason why.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I always see these products at Fry's electronics. "As seen on TV" section near the impulse buy section, I've almost been suckered into buying.

12. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

I'll take one of everything

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He was cool. Was enthusiastic but still sounded somewhat professional.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah but I don't understand why? There's an ad that runs on ESPN radio for some sort of device that keeps you from snoring. The guys isn't over the top like the ones above, he just sounds like an idiot. I hear pitch men like that all the time on ESPN early in the morning. How does that sell?

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I somehow wound up with a slap chop. I might even still own it, but I don't remember buying it. My wife might have, or it might have been a gift. It was used a couple of times.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't know how we ended up with one, but my wife uses it all the time. She cuts up a lot of really hot peppers and she doesn't get it on her hands when she uses it. It's also the only way she will cut onions.

17. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

They are mildly entertaining