Facebook/Twitter Melts - Election Edition

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary, but this result is at least giving me a good laugh. I'd like to share that laughter with you all.

Take a moment to post some of the most bizarre/ridiculous/hilarious/embarrassing/annoying Facebook melts you are seeing right now, post-election. Whether it's hillbillies praising Jesus or bleeding heart liberals whining about how afraid they are or how uneducated everybody is, I want to see it all!

It would probably be best to leave peoples names/pictures out of the equation (i.e. Copying and pasting is probably a better choice than screenshotting).

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The silver lining for me.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The best meltdown I've seen is a girl ranting about humans blaming deer when people hit them with their cars

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A homosexual friend from high school:

"I now fear for me and [my partner's] life. This. This is what you did America. Everyone deserves rights, this will put us back years. You cannot take my freedom, you cannot take my love, and I would love to ****ing watch anyone try."

Fear for your life? Come on, man! Stop being so dramatic.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good grief.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

LOL, Trump is easily the most pro LGBT Republican to ever hold office.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Timeline of events for a friend of mine:

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Another friend from high school... this one was feeling the Bern hardcore but decided to settle for Hillary once nominated:

"And while so many conservatives are throwing their hands in the air over abortion, this election has young couples everywhere scared as shit to start a family. Yall should be more scared of the babies not being concieved rather than the abortion thing."

I think this is just a cover for the fact that he's been married 2 or 3 years now but hasn't had a kid yet. Family must be asking, so I guess Trump makes for a solid excuse.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The fact you find Trump being the president funny validates what I have always thought about you. Imbecile.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Same crap happened when Bush got reelected. Had a guy tell me his little brother had diabetes and was going to die because of this. Guy was like 14 at the time.

The more troubling news is that Republicans control Congress. A lot of them seem fairly opposed to Trump, so hopefully there will still be some degree of gridlock. We don't want too much getting done or it will invariably be bad for us.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My best friend is in vet school and he says they can't even have class because people are so tore up.

The professor told them that they still lived in a great country and a girl told him to speak for his ****ing self.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I don't think Trump is anti-GLBT in the least. That said, a couple of points:

1) I think some of these concerns, however off they may be, are the result of anti-gay language and behavior of Trump's fervent followers.
    2) Some of this is rooted with the views of Trump's VP, who holds very ant-GLBT positions - including conversion therapy.

So while I disagree with the overly dramatic post, I think I understand where it's coming from.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Exactly. I'm just poking fun at how dramatic the post is.

Side Note: To add to your point, he happens to live in the great state of Indiana. Still, fearing for his life seems a little over the top.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Going to outlaw abortion and legalize groping.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I can agree to some of this.

17. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

William Wallace is gay?

As an aside, my cousin and her girlfriend were big Trump supporters. He won despite supporting gay rights, which hopefully gets that social conservatism shit pushed off the GOP platform to a degree.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My favorite so far: "Hate wins." How does "love win" if a shitbag like HRC wins?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You not seen her and Bill together? Modern day Romeo and Juliet, except they don't so much commit suicide but all their enemies mysteriously do.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Groping a foreign head of state is diplomacy, no?