Blackburn Is Not the Guy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gah I'd go nuts if we had a new, non-crappy coach in place for the bowl. Still be pretty excited with just an interim.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How much money could you scalp a Music City Bowl ticket for if that's our destination and Gruden gets named HC a week or two beforehand?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

150 bucks

4. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Pure genius. Hire the pizza guy and let Peyton be the brain trust behind the scenes.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Right now, I wouldn't watch the bowl game if it were played in my backyard. If your scenario played out, I'd buy tickets before the introduction press conference was over.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This is close for me. I'll end up watching the game, but I certainly ain't spending another dime to attend one until our AD shows they are serious about winning again

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

If Gruden was named HC for the bowl game, I would pay up to a grand as long as not nosebleeds. I will pay money for quality experiences, I will not pay money for horseshit.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I bet if Tennessee hired Gruden right now, we'd generate enough revenue to pay his first year salary by Christmas Day, w/o even playing a game.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Let me educate you on economics

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'd buy a lot of Tennessee stuff ASAP, would probably max out my credit card to replenish all the UT shit I burned in the off-season.

I mean, my God, I don't even have a Tennessee hat anymore.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Here's a serious bet/offer:

If Tennessee hires Gruden or top tier coach, I will fly back to Knoxville for a home game and pay for a catered 8th tailgate. I won't buy alcohol for legal reasons (if someone gets hurt or does something stupid off of alcohol I provide) but we will eat like kings and queens and princes and princesses and so on.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Have you seen pictures of OV? He's not a cheap date

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Small price to see some real Tennessee football again.

14. MWR

MWR Contributor

It would have to be a warm weather game for all us old people.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I have not weighed in on this because I, nor I suspect the majority of people on this site, know enough about athletic administration and the available candidates to actually make an informed prediction on how well Blackburn will do. I don't know him, and he isn't the only call I would make. He isn't even the first call I would make among ex-UTAD people. But he does have one thing going for him that I think will put him well ahead of almost any other candidate that will probably be considered:

He is not 100% guaranteed to **** it up.

16. cotton

I'll buy the booze, and if one of you idiots wrecks I'll swear I never met you.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Curious who you would call ahead of him

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mitch Barnhart was at Tennessee for 12 years

John Currie is another good ad that worked here

19. cotton

I don't think Mitch is hireable, but those were exactly the two guys I was thinking about.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Isn't John Currie about the second biggest horse's butt to walk the earth?