VQ reporting Joseph has accepted NEB. job

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

2. tankervol

tankervol Member

Just accelerates Dooley getting 86'd, IMO.

3. Saw someone on GVX saying that the fact that other schools are so interested in our coaches means we're headed in the right direction and we're going to compete for the East next year.

Key word: GVX

Lord have mercy on that man's poor soul.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not all that worried because he doesn't seem to be that great. However, he did play a big part in holding our class together when everyone else was bolting.

We are now down to Hinshaw and Chaney (who was actually hired by Kiffin) before we get 100% staff turnover.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He's not that valuable as a coach, but is there any way to read into this other than the proverbial rats sinking a leaving ship?

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

[uck fay] him. Just wish they would've hired Dooley too.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meh. If it were me as a young coach with little on te resume, I'd realize I'm lucky to have gotten the UT job and pretty dang lucky to have gotten another job offer after fielding two bad secondaries. Now he can either go work under one of the most respected defensive minds in college football or stay with a coach that just lost to Kentucky and can't hang onto assistants.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I say we bring Al Wilson in to coach safeties. He played SS in high school.

IMO JMO IYAM GBO VFL

10. FlowingAway.

FlowingAway. Banned

I should just stay on this site. I said basically the same thing on VN and got much different results.

11. Tar Volon

I guess Joseph could be unhappy that he got demoted from full secondary coach to just corners. That's the only non-sinking ship hypothesis I've got.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Guess he didn't believe in being a VFL...

Seemed to be a good recruiter, but the secondary has had its gaps under his watch.

Any early word on replacement targets?

13. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

This is really not a meaningful thing. It is again all about wins. I apologize while I am here for my lack of presence and blogs. I have been super busy. I announce for 3 sports right now since we are going deep into playoffs in basketball. I will be at West Georgia Tomorrow for playoffs. Blogs will be back on next weekend. This is assuming anyone missed me.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Real life should never get in the way of the internet

15. i missed you jewbaccah

16. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Yes.

17. Tar Volon

What've you got? Upset about Ansley is the only other one I could think of.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Oh no!

Wait, I wanted this to happen.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Lets bring back Zook to help with DB's.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sal wanting to hire his own DB coach makes sense but 7 assistants in off season is a pretty clear message about Dooley's job security.