brooms standing on their own

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Anybody else tried this today? I've had one standing in the middle of the kitchen by itself for about 15 minutes now.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

What?

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Agreed. What?

4. fl0at_

Holy shit.

5. CardinalVol

Take your broom, stand it up in the middle of your kitchen, it will stand on its own. It's something to do with the angle of the earth today.

6. CardinalVol

I take it float tried it.

7. fl0at_

I aligned mine North and South, and it stands. I took a picture.

8. CardinalVol

I did too

9. WM

WM Active Member

Holy shit, my broom went Hogwarts on me.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I, too, now have a broom standing on its own in my kitchen. This is what Friday nights have come to.

11. CardinalVol

I have this and watching the weather channel.

I have no idea id this is a one day deal or it can happen any day. I have never seen it before and its strangely amazing.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It has nothing to do with the angle of the Earth. Think about it, how could it? Gravity pulls towards the center of the Earth all the time. The angle of the Earth has nothing to do with it. Besides, it isn't even the Equinox yet.

You can balance a broom at any time. It has a perfectly centered weight and a larger base than top.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you don't believe me, just google it and you'll see people claiming it is because of all sorts of special reasons, on different days, in different years. The truth is it can be done every day.

14. CardinalVol

You were the kid telling the rest of the class in first grade santa wasn't real weren't you?

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Still standing....my pup keeps sniffing around it and sitting down and looking at it.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've enjoyed the heck out of this. The dog has it's tail tucked scared to death of it.

17. CardinalVol

The kid walks in, smiles and pushes it over.

I don't care if you can do it 24/7/365, I've never seen this before and its quite funny.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nah, I was the kid who believed in Santa even after my friends and older sister told me it wasn't real because I couldn't imagine why my parents, grandparents, and television would all lie to me. When I learned the truth, I was more pissed about being lied to than anything.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is the strangest thread ever. It is like you guys are high.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Buzzkill.