Saints Bounty Program

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Heard it on the radio this afternoon. Was actually shocked. Not that it occurred, but that it was the Saints.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Saints aren't the only ones

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obviously, this is common.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

[itch bay] Dungy says it's a Gregg Williams/Jeff Fisher thing.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Players doing it doesn't really bother me, as it's been going on for ages. Bit bothered by Williams participating, although not really surprised.

I'm expecting Goddell to hit them hard. Wouldn't be shocked in Payton got hit hard too.

8. GoVols

GoVols Member

Adam Schefter- This will be the biggest penalty ever handed down to an organization. It will far exceed the patriots losing their 1st rd pick and fined close to 1 million.

50,000 pages of documents on this. Apprently every single player, coach, part of the organization knew about it.

Reports are that fines leverages against players for bad behavior, missing practices, whatever ended up in the bounty fund.

Wow, this is super [uck fay]ed up.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It happens at all levels of football. One of my coaches in high school would pick a key player in each week's game, and the player that knocked him out of the game with a clean hit, got a steak dinner

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

my cousin got a Big Mac for knocking Jason Witten down in the backfield during HS. He totally missed his lane just to go knock down Witten. He walked off to the sideline straight to his coach and said he wanted his Big Mac at practice on Monday.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

John Carney's a pretty rough dude. And I've heard he's got beef with Vinatieri. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the kingpin and set Gregg Williams up as the fall guy.

12. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

It didn't give the Saints a competitive advantage so I see no need to take draft picks away. Fine some people and move on.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

NFL levied fines are donated.

14. GoVols

GoVols Member

The last time I checked, "But everyone else is doing it!" isn't a defense. Paying to injury players is deplorable and immoral.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I wasn't making a defense for their actions. However, I'm not going to act like this is an isolated event that only the Saints partake in either though.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, definitely has the fingerprints of a guy whose career was ended by an on-field injury to first mastermind the scheme. Dungy is such an ass.

17. GoVols

GoVols Member

No doubt about that.

I guess it's time to make an example out of someone and I couldn't imagine a team would want to see it happen to more.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Unless you're the Patriots.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't get this.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What was the punishment for Spygate? One draft pick? And then he claimed the tapes offered no advantage and destroyed them before anyone else could look at them. Doesn't exactly seem even-handed to me.