Q&A: Donald Trump's 'first attempt to ignore the law

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 10, 2017.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-jared-kushner-anti-nepotism-laws-20170110-story.html

Thoughts?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think it is a loaded headline, as if he has plans to circumvent laws left and right. That said, I don't think he necessarily is even thinking about the law when he does things, he just wants to do it and does it, as he has his whole life.

3. OrangeEmpire

Yup

4. OrangeEmpire

I wonder if Trump will maintain his zeal after the first 100 days

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

From what I've read, it sounds like it's rather questionable as to whether or not the anti-nepotism law applies here.

6. NorrisAlan

He will retire as soon as the paint dries on his portrait for the White House wall.

EDIT: But I thought he would drop out of the race, before he was nominated, or before he was elected. I have been wrong 100% of the time when it comes to this guy.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Fake news. It is not against the Law.

Also; I don't remember the "Breaking the Law" media outrage for the Clinton.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I agree. I believe this was much more about winning than desiring the actual 'job'.

Of course I'm likely wrong and he'll thrive through two terms. I just haven't seen anything supporting such...yet.

9. OrangeEmpire

She doesn't break the law

The law is modified to suit her needs so that she could be given the opportunity to break the glass ceiling

10. OrangeEmpire

He would be the type to suffer through 4 years and then not seek re election then he would get the itch and come in a rogue.

[​IMG]

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He better be ready for the grind because, despite partisan complaints about time spent golfing or at the ranch, that job is stressful beyond belief and isn't exactly banker hours.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Not to mention the constant scrutiny which will not end. It obviously bothers him and will tear him down if he doesn't learn to ignore/minimize and thicken his skin. I don't think he had any idea about the true scope of the job. We'll see if he can/will adapt.

13. NorrisAlan

Yep. I think he is in for a world he has never dreamed existed, but that can be said of anyone that becomes President. But at his age and lack of ANY governmental work will probably lead to a lot of frustration.

He is used to saying "Do X" and it getting done (or at least attempted). Now there is checks and balances that he might not be used to having to deal with. We will see. I wish him the best and hope he does a knock out job.

14. NorrisAlan

And the complete inability to shut it off via threats of lawsuits or cutting them out. He is no longer a private citizen.

15. OrangeEmpire

Huffington Post solid as always

[​IMG]

16. NorrisAlan

Hulk Hogan seals the deal in that pic.

17. OrangeEmpire

Oh my gosh, Real American started playing in my head.

18. OrangeEmpire

Palin and the newspapers is up there to.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well said.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you elaborate on this?