2016 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yeah. Educators suck.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Teachers are just leeches on the public coffers, dude.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Exactly. But only public ones.

Those that are for-profit are awesome.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

some educators I have a lot of respect for. Most of them that I know are a bunch of whiners.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Says the dumbass engineer for the state of tennessee.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't know any that complain about their jobs any more that Joe Cubicle Farm complains about his.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I dunno, they just always rubbed me wrong. They have bullshit degrees, work 9 months, and complain about pay, and then about how hard it is to go back in the fall after having 2 and a half months' vacation. Sorry, I'm just not that sympathetic

8. NorrisAlan

The bullshit they have to put up with with parents more than makes up for it.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

That kind of stuff I get. There's a ton of things involved with it that I get. But they all know what they're getting into

10. CardinalVol

General rule of thumb (there are exceptions) are the best teachers don't complain and the worst ones do. And if they were doctors or lawyers or whatever they'd complain too.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I mean everybody complains. Just the ones I know, the nature of it gets to me.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down and Lee Greenwood for inauguration concert. Praying for those who must attend.

13. CardinalVol

If there is not a medley of God Bless the USA and Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue then I will declare this administration a disaster on day 1.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Lee Greenwood is a legend you take that back.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have a totally different mindset over there than here because most of them are idiots. Despite disagreeing with a lot of conservatives here on issues, I think those here have really solid, intelligent ideas worth debating (Sometimes very heatedly). On the other hand, over there, they have a lot of "Obama's a Muslim!" type of arguments that are sort of low lying fruit. I had a little fun pointing out how dumb they and their ideas were, then came back into the deep end on this site.

As for the nominees, I'm alright with Tillerson and Mattis will be approved quite easily, as will a handful of others. I just think that Trump's attitude and behavior towards a few key people on the campaign trail, like McCain and Rubio, might come back to hurt him. They are not without some amount of power, especially when two votes separate a Republican majority and a 50-50 split.

16. NorrisAlan

How he cannot be tired of singing that damn song by now is beyond me.

17. Unimane

Education has been bastardized by business types who see education in terms of profit, career bureaucrats and ambitious types who do a cursory 2-3 years in the classroom before climbing that administrative ladder. Each time I see new legislation or idea for "fixing" education (Usually some kind of "accountability" system for educators), I think to myself "They didn't ask one ****ing teacher if this will work".

18. CardinalVol

I'm torn when it comes to education because there is so many dang factors you have consider. I do believe in accountability, but I also realize that there are some things they have zero control over.

Much like healthcare, it's a complex scenario that everyone thinks there is a simple fix to solve everything.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

$

20. Unimane

I'm fine with accountability, but it started because of political reasons in order to neuter teacher unions and has metastasized a whole new host of programs, testing, charter school nonsense and other ideas that are merely extensions of the accountability furor. Most people, in their own professions, know who sucks and who doesn't that doesn't involve creating a system eventually establishing monsters like Pearson. So, I definitely agree that we're talking complex solutions here.