It starts today

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kmf600, Jan 20, 2017.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Making America great again.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He's already President. Swearing in happens at midnight in the Old Senate Chamber. What you see today is pure show.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

America was just as great yesterday as it will be today.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I've never heard that. If that's always the case then why did they bother to have Obama repeat his oath back in the White House to make sure it was official?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, everything I see is he is actually sworn in at noon after the Vice-President is sworn in. And that is why Obama redid his oath after the judge flubbed it for him.

The only time it is done as Tenny says is if the 20th falls on a Sunday and then the public inauguration is the following day on Monday when he is technically already President.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Set the tone early, arrest protesters and Democrats skipping and charge them with treason.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Don't tempt him.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I heard on the radio a bunch of people are going to smoke Marijuana and blow the smoke at him so he gets high.

9. NorrisAlan

Night of the Small Hands coming?

EDIT: I am still trying to figure out exactly when Obama is going to announce Martial Law and declare himself President-for-Life. Perhaps just before the inauguration?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  10. CardinalVol

I hate most protesters, so if he did that part he'd gain lots of points in my book.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I must protest that.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Won't actually work, and any smart person knows this.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Legislating which protests are valid and which aren't seems pretty dangerous

14. NorrisAlan

[video=youtube;8JtnEUPvpus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JtnEUPvpus[/video]

15. CardinalVol

I pretty much think 95% of protests from either side of aisle is basically people crying that they didn't get their way or gullible people duped by power brokers. Occasionally there are legitimate things (see - civil rights movement) but recently it's just snowflakes crying.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The protest thing is the status quo for Washington, although it may be ramped up for Trump. There are regularly protests outside the White House for everything under the sun. When I went there, protests were happening for about 5 different causes, like freedom in the Congo (I think), abortion and some other stuff. Most weren't young snowflake types.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some guy in a big "Trump mobile" float thing arrived into town and hit 4 cars within 2 hours. Some of them parked. He doesn't think it's his fault. Seems like an ill omen.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty much every day, someone is protesting outside the White House. Been that way at least two decades.

19. NorrisAlan

I would say since the 1960's.

And it is a beautiful thing about America. And as long as they sit peacefully on the sidewalks or march peacefully in allowed places, great. When the dillweeds start blocking traffic is when the police should descend on them and quickly disperse them.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Mexico will pay for the repairs.