Coach Martin's Next Big Test

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Beechervol, Mar 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Preparing this team for the SEC tourney under different circumstances that what it seemed to be 2 months ago.

We are walking into the SEC tourney as the 2nd seed and with some legit expectations for the AA tourney.

We have walked into this tournament with better teams that laid an egg, and did not look prepared. Gonna be interesting to see how well prepared we are with some expectations and time to think about it, and can we handle the heat. He seems to have done a fantastic job so far of having this team focused on today and not next week.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Martin may just have the chops to be a better tourney coach than what we're accustomed to. However, that may not be manifested this year due to the spotty guard play and now thin front court.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Plus Cuonzo has never been to the NCAA tournament as a coach. That would be a huge personal achievement to do that in his first year in a BCS league.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Defense wins championships... we play pretty darn good defense. Hopefully he will prepare the team and they will take care of business.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My concern is that they tense up. Whole new ballgame now with a lot on the line.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm somewhat apprehensive that these games are not at home.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That would be mine as well. While we need the exposure and smoke to make the tourney it can also be a vice.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Only when you score.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

No reason to feel too much pressure. They just need to remember: 11th in the SEC.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yep, playing with house money at this point.