Five Guys/Other Burger Joints

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tidwell, Aug 29, 2011.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My wife was at DC Reagan today. Walked right past the 5 guys and didn't stop. Shameful.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Never heard of 5 Guys in my area of Bama, but at least we have Books A Hundred's!

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Being in Los Angeles for a few days has reminded me how truly awesome Fatburger is.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Fatburger is solid. You like it better than In and Out?

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm an exceptional Hover(er). And considering it's a Wal-Mart, concerning myself with aim isn't on the list of priorities. Purging the system is the only concern. Well except for making sure I don't shit on the backside of my shirt.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

maybe you did it wrong?

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The Frosty is always the truth, though.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The Frosty is always the truth, though.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yes. In and Out is good, but nowhere near as good as its hype.

10. TheGeneral

TheGeneral Member

Five Guys is alright at best.

I'd rather find a legit, local diner. I've lived in TN, GA, FL and now IL and each local spot has that one diner that is above any other.

11. TheGeneral

TheGeneral Member

If anyone ever gets a chance to eat at the Elephant Bar, I highly recommend the JalapeƱo Burger.

Best burger EVER....

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

shit was average to mediocre at best. my fries were hot but only because it was busy and i went inside to make sure they were fresh.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It may take months to find it, but when you do it's worth it

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If you are ever traveling down I-40 through NC, check out Jake's Wayback Burgers in downtown Morganton, NC. Solid burger in a neat little locale.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

It's okay.

Ray's Hellburger is the best burger on the planet.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Had a cheeseburger from Husk in Charleston, SC. Top 5 burger experience. Close to life-changing.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's two places here in Denver that have blown my mind, but I've yet to eat at some notable burger places nationally so I don't know if the really can compete or if I am just living in ignorance.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

As far as short order burger stuff, I'll throw my lot in with Only Burger in Durham, NC. It's basically all that Five Guys wishes it were but isn't. I always get the single with bacon and pimento. Fantastic.

I've always been to Mr Bartley's in Cambridge, MA a couple times, and the Michelle Obama was delicious.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

There are at least three places here better than Five Guys, Tooties Anvil Burger, The Burger Bar (popular legend has it the last place Hank Williams ate), and Makadoos.

I agree with the poster re Hardy's.