Stansbury To Western?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Feb 27, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Lots of chatter in coaching circles about the possibility of Stanbury jumping before he's pushed in Stakville and heading back to his home state to take over the Hilltoppers.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Starkville, MS to Bowling Green, KY? Someone cue The Jefferson's music.

3. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Wow, that's interesting. We just introduced Harper as the new head coach this week, who stated this was his "destination job", then promptly beat the division leaders MTSU at the last home game. My take being local is that I don't believe they would dump Harper that easily, but I could be wrong.

4. hatvol96

A guy with Harper's personality is perfectly capable of imploding and having everyone hating him within a month. I found the talk odd, but stranger things have happened.

5. hatvol96

How are people reacting to Harper's, shall we say, less than stellar compliance record in D-II?

6. hardwoodfanatic

That fact has managed to really fly under the radar during this period. It is kind of like the Cal effect at Kentucky, to a smaller degree. McDonald had created such a dumpster fire, that the Board of Regents and more importantly Houchens Investment firm were just elated that someone immediately boosted attendance by 70% and put some wins on the board. A "cross that bridge when we get there" approach it would seem. It will take many in this town months to find out that he vacated conference titles and wins.

7. hardwoodfanatic

Harper is 1 win a way from turning this dumpster around and leading it to a AA' tourney birth with a 14-18 record.

8. hatvol96

Congrats, Hardwood.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My guess is you are in dayon playing for a shot against your wildcats.

What a story though. Congrats hf.

10. hardwoodfanatic

Thanks fellas, although they are #2 in my heart they are still my alma mater, nice to head back to the tourney where this team belonged. Harper inherited a great class from Mcblowjob, so next year should be a great continuation of what he built. Lets just hope he remains complaint with the AA.

The Tops will most likely be in that scenario, a play in game for the rights to play the #1 overall seed. Also glad to see the state get 4 teams in.